STDs Community
simple question in regards to

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

simple question in regards to

Is it easy for syphilis to be transmitted by oral sex? What I mean is a partner would have to have an syphilis sore to come in contact with your skin to transmitted the STD to you is this correct? If it did happen a syphilis sore would appear where it enter the body  say the shaft or head of the penisis this correct? The time frame for this to occur would be 10 days to 6 weeks is this correct?  Now I am not worried about my last contact since it was just the person lips that kissed my balls and thats it, no oral sex performed on me just the stupid handjob. It was the last year that I was thinking about and informed my doctor of what happened and no sore ever appeared. Whats your take on the matter ( oh by the way last year the doc tested for all the viruses all neg.)
Thank you.
Yes, someone would have to have symptoms in order to transmit it.  Also syphilis is pretty uncommon.

Did you test for syphilis last year after the encounter you are talking about now?  You can always test again to be sure.

Aj
no I do not think so but I am having a yearly check up in Dec. and I was going to ask for a complete std check up with that or should I just go the the local health dept. to be tested next week. Well the doctor asked me to contact them if there was something going on but I have been back and forth and he never said anything about it anymore and nothin appeared no sore, no rash just anxiety. I have been trying to get my relationship back on track at home so I am glad that this last encounter I stopped the handjob and  the dry lip kisses.

The last year was a 20 seconds of unprotected oral sex performed on me for 2 mins. and worried about HIV from that and tested at 92 days after that and it was neg. ( yeah I know never been a documented case of hiv from getting a blow job). Well thats my story here and I really think its all anxiety driven right now but looking for advise form so epxerienced people.

opps sorry it was about 30 seconds of unprotected oral sex performed on me to clarifiy event occured on 10-27-07 tested for HIV 1-24-08 neg. Sorry abou that.
I don't think you have to worry about anything.  When you go in December, ask for a syphilis test to make sure.

Aj