STDs Community
slight burning sensation in tip of penis with and without urination 3 d...

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

slight burning sensation in tip of penis with and without urination 3 days after sex

The sex was protected, however, prior to having sex we had a little foreplay. She was a sex worker.  I put lubricant inside her vagina with my fingers, then wipped them on a towel.  I put the condom on, but I touched the inside of the condom I think with the same fingers that were just inside her vagina. I usaully will touch the inside to make sure I put the condom on the right direction.  Was there any risk at all of any STD infection?  The burning sensation started about the third day until now, today is the 4th day.  The burning is just a little and it does seem to be slightly wet inside the hole, but there is no discharge. With urination is a bit more sensitive.  Do I need to go get tested or take the antibiotics?  Thanks.  
I don't see this as a STD related issue
Hi Vance, thank you for your reply.  The burning/slight pain is inside the penis tube, but it's really slight.  Would it make any difference that after sex when she removed the condom that she or I might have touched my penis with the hand that removed the condom?

In addition during washing in the shower any vaginal secrections that might have been higher up on the penis could have been washed downwards, no? Still doesn't make any difference?

I am curious then if really you see no risk of any infection how can people get gonorrhea or chlamydia?  I should mention the girl was somewhere between 18 and 23, young enough to might still be a high risk for a carrier of chlamydia.  

The pain is not constant, only now when urinating, and I seem to have to urinate more tonight than other nights, and in small amounts, but that could be related to a prostate enlargement issue that I already know about.  
using the same hand to put the condom on isn't an issue.

many things can cause burning - usually they go away on their own in a few days. drink plenty of water and see if that helps too.

this was a protected encounter. we recommend protected sexual contact because it works!!! no reason to think you contracted chlamydia from this encounter.

if you still have symptoms a week from now, follow up with some basic urine testing with your regular doctor.

grace
Thank you for your reply.  It wasn't just putting the condom on with the same hand though, it was the touching the inside of the condom with the same hand I had just put into her vagina.  Do you mean that even doing so would be no risk?  Is that because the amount of bacteria or virus is too low to cause any problems? So gonorrhea also no way?  What about HPV and Syphilis or even crabs?  She did give me a smooch on the lips before she left.  Just lips no tongue.  From other posts I have read here, it seems syphilis would be more of an issue?
protected sex is a risk for hpv, herpes and syphilis though it's very low in general.

using the same hand isn't a risk.
And there is no test for hpv and herpes right?  And syphilis needs to wait about three months after to be tested right?
And additionally the next day I went to see a dermatologist for some red marks on my inner thighs which turned out to be a fungal infection, does this increase my risk of getting any std?  
we don't have commercially available tests to cover the hpv testing base.

type specific herpes igg blood testing is readily available.

syphilis testing is 6 weeks post encounter.
I've actually been able to find some DNA testing that will produce reliable results in as little as 3-5 days after the enounter and for all major STDs including Trichomoniasis, HSV, Syphilis(+RPR.TPHA), Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Candidia, and HPV. I think it is something called FTA-abs IgG/IgM. The only issue is with this is the cost, but might be worth it. Do you know anything about DNA testing for these?  Is it really reliable and accruate?  I have asked them and they say if the test comes back negative then it's negative. There is no need for another test.

I was told 30 days is the minimum to test for syphilis, is that wrong?
I wouldn't waste my money on this testing. you will need additional testing and they are giving you erroneous information.  most of the testing they are offering isn't accurate and it certainly is not once and done testing a few days post encounter!!
Wow, that's really disheartening.  They have told me it would be accurate.  I am a little bit frustated now as I was really looking for a faster way of getting accurate testing.  This just makes me even more nervous and worried now...  
we recommend the times we do because that is when the vast majority of people will test with accurate results. you really can't speed things up dear.
Ok could you point me somewhere or to tell me for each STD what is the time frame (incubation period) we should wait before testing?

I spoke with a doctor yesturday and they did tell me 5-10 days for the DNA tests were fine.

I also have another question..

Yesturday I started to have mild headaches wtih some nasuea.  Today I had a fever, very very mild, but some sweating, more headaches and more nasuea.  I feel I am going horse and my mouth is dry.  This is not the forum for HIV, but I want to keep it all here.  Based on what I wrote above, it seems I have no risk of HIV, and even though I have a fungal infection near the penis it seems it is not possible to transmit it this way.  So, would any other STD produce these symptoms or am I really coming down with a cold or flu?  It is now the 6th day after the encounter.  Thanks for your help and patience.
it's listed in our read before posting post as well as I've already mentioned the times to test for what you were at risk for.

I have no idea why the providers you are speaking to don't understand the testing you are asking about and how inaccurate it is. it isn't a way to cover your bases and you shouldn't be wasting your time and money having it done.  

you have no reason to think that you contracted hiv.
my brother had intercourse with a call girl 6 months ago without using precautions and has been taking antibiotics like zanthrax and it stopped. the next time he had intercouse with his ex girlfriend he had the same burning sensation so the doc gave him the same tabs again.. afteer 2 months he felt the same burning sensations so the doc gave hime septrin for 15 days.these tabs made him nervous and unfit for work.. after 5 days he ended up throwing up  after eating dinner ie; 2 fried eggs and loads of yoghurt . so dont know if it was a reactions with food or it just didnt suit him the 5 th day. he had 2 finish a 15 day course which he didnt and then the doctor gave him a 15 day ciprobay 500 for another 15days which gets him really nervous through out the day.need someurgenthelp as i think my brother is losing it ..