STDs Community
small bumps around genital area

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

small bumps around genital area

First off I just want to say that I've had these bumps on my groin for a long time now, easily a year. I've always written it off for one reason or another. For one thing, i'm still a virgin so I didn't really give it any major thought. But after viewing a few medical journals of my friend from college, i've started wondering/worrying.

I have small bumps, that could easily be seen as razor burn. They're around my balls, areas around my pubic hair, and a few on the bottom of the shaft of my penis. On most of the bumps(located on the balls, shaft, and pubic area) it appears to be the hair follicule, and the pubic hair grows from the bump. There's no redness and no pain at all. They only appear at the edge of my main pubic patch (sorry i don't know how else to say it), they only appear about a quarter inch above my penis and below. They've never scabbed, they've never been that discomfortable, the worst i've had was after a long hot day, they were somewhat itchy. They don't occur anywhere else on my body

I'm a bit of a worrier, and automatically jump to genital herpes. But i've never had sex and have only kissed two girls, one of which was a virgin and had never kissed anyone else, the other who I believe to be completely clean. And the bumps have occured before I had met either of them. I've noticed the bumps now for over a year maybe two.
it's definitely not herpes.
it could be follicitis, that's not an STD and it's similar to what you describe.  look into & go to a doctor.  they can prescribe you antibiotics to get rid of it, and they know best what it is of course.
You cannot get genital herpes unless there was genital-to-genital contact, and in some cases, receptive oral sex.  You said you have only kissed girls, so you have nothing to worry about as far as your genitals go.
I've got the same thing, and don't believe it to be an STD. I notice it worsens when it's hot, and typically worse when I wear spandex for long periods of time. I'm a medic in the army, and generally wear spandex in the field to prevent chaffing.

I got myself some Pfizer Zithromax (commonly called a Z Pak) so I will let you know how that works. Z Paks are normally 3 tablets, 500mg each. It is a full course of antibiotics. One a day.

The 5 pack is two the first day and once a day afterwards. I've got the 3 pack, so stay tuned.
Also, try some vaginal creme. I know, it sounds weird but it is an anti-fungal... Vagisil with 1% is the best... You might feel weird using the stuff... but it SHOULD clear it up....

That was shared with me by my unit PA...
I have the same thing. Hair grows out of it, and also the same, im a bit of a hypchondriac. Nice to see its not a STd!
Except,mine is only on the balls, no where else... I think.
Wow..  I just posted something like this.
hey sounds like you guys are like the 1 in 3 males with either Pearly Penile Papules or sebaceous prominence.  Its alittle ridiculous how many people have this and how no one ever talks about it.  Dont worry its not an STD and its not harmful, its actually really normal.  It may suck but ull prob have it your whole life, gets less with time,  there are some things you can do to reduce them or laser surgery to get rid of them.  However its really not a big deal calm down.  Search the two on google youll find a lot of message boards and info from people just like you.  Also you may want to go to a doc to be sure
I think this thread should be bumped and always stay on the main page.  Just looking quickly and it appears tons of threads have started and they are all related to this.  Over 40% of men have this and its reallly not an issue. However not knowing what it is can be really stressfull, and horrifying.  Bottom line, this is noting and you shouldnt worry, believe me, i thought i was a freak and it turned out Im normal, and yes girls still like me, and for the most part dont even notice it.