STDs Expert Forum
small bumps on penis

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

small bumps on penis

I have these small bumps on the head of my penis.  I've only slept with 2 girls.  I've been having to much sex frequently and was wondering if my penis is just sore(?) or ...if I might have an STD.  The bumps are red.
There's too little information for me to know what you have.  Perhaps genital warts? Herpes? Molluscum contagiosum? Yeast?  Or nothing important at all.  You need to see a health care provider.  I suggest your local health department STD clinic for free, confidential, expert care.

Good luck--  HHH, MD
I must add that it was protected sex and there is no pain during urination or pain i nthe genital areas.
Dr., I dont want to be a pest, but would ask that you clarify an answer you gave me.  I was the one who asked about taking amoxycilin (1x500mg and then 1x500mg)following expsoure and whether or not they would cure Gon,Clam,or Syph or impact the test results? You replied "it would not matter either way".  I am assuming that this meant it would not cure it or skew the test, so the test results are reliable.  Is this correct?

I promise not to bother you again, but I want to get this behind me and move on.  I apologize for butting in and appreciate everything you do.
What I meant was that you can rely on the negative test results; you were not infected at the time the tests were taken.  But there is no way to know whether the tests were negative because you were never infected (that is the best bet); or you were infected but had a spontaneous cure (which happens in everybody, given enough time); or you were infected but cured by the amoxicillin.

HHH, MD
Sorry, one more.  1. Do these clear up on their own within 5 months? 2. Is this amount of Amoxycilin enough to clear it up?  My wife is going to the doctor and I need to think of whether I tell her or not.  Thank you so much.
Since (if I recall your original message correctly) you almost certainly weren't infected with anything anyway, I don't think you need say anything to your wife.  Most cases of gonorrhea will clear up spontaneously in men within a few weeks, chlamydia within 6 months.  But there are no certainties; longer carriage probably occurs from time to time.

HHH, MD
Thanks Doctor.  I did not have any symptoms of anything and was checked by my internist at 4 weeks and he did not notice any strange things in my urine, which I assume if I was infected it would have shown up.  Clamydia (chlamydia) is unlikely as it was oral.  Am I correct.  This has not been a fun time.
I promise, last one.  You have been very helpful.  My final question is whether a urine test and blood test at 4 weeks would have signaled to my doctor that something else was the matter.  He said it was clean, confident that I did not have an STD.  I am assuming that something would have shown -- white cells, bacteria, etc. -- and the absence of them coupled with no symptoms would say I was clean.  You dont have to respond, but I would appreciate it as the aniexity is killing me.
Doc:

You made me think, and I got it now.  I did not have anything so the test were negative.  If I would have had anything it would have shown some reaction in the intial urinalysis -- while not diagnosing and STD it would have shown some bacterial changes.  You are good, even if you are not trying.  I am going to go home on Thursday and have sex with my bride of 28 years.  Thank You, THank You, Thank You.  Can I donate to a charity of your choice?
i have similar symptoms and im very worried, i posted on a thread from earlier in the month below that seemed more similar to my case, can you read what i posted and see if you can help? whenever i try to start a new thread it says the limit has been exceeded and im really worried. here is the link.

http://www.medhelp.org/perl6/STD/messages/1150.html

thankyou, and sorry for hijacking this thread with my own problems.
I mit this girl and we had sex I use a condom. Now I have a bump on my penis. I 'm worried that I might have a std or something my body feels warm but i don't have a fever.So what could it be sould I be worried.