STDs Community
small thing on my glans(glands)...

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

small thing on my glans(glands)...

hi doc,

6 days ago i noticed a small semi-hard bump (1-2 mm or less ) on my glans (glands) (top) in the morning after a night of vigorous sex using viagra.  Its not a blister, no oozing, no pus, no significant reddness, its not hot, and it doesnt really bother me other than the fact that its there.  The top of it looks like my normal skin around it, not different.  If I push on it its a little sore, similar to a pimple or a cyst kind of thing.  It hasnt gotten any bigger or redder and it goes away completely (visibly) from time to time during the day.  The skin lookes fine, it wasnt broken in any way and when you feel it, it feels like it might have a semihard core or something in it.  I thought it was maybe a pimple but it hasnt formed a head or changed at all.  Then I thought it was a cyst but there are no hair folicles in that area?  

I have gently tried to massage it to see if i could get it to pop or break up but it hasnt changed at all, other than looking more irritated after fussing with it, but that typically went away in an hour or so...

Saturday evening and sunday morning it was driving me nuts (Im totally over obsessed on it now) so I tried to pop it and ended up tearing the top layer of skin off the bump, it hasnt bled or oozed, its a bit redder from the trauma.  As of now (monday afternoon) its 75% healed up from my picking at it and it looks smaller than it did a few days ago pre-picking.  Its definately not as sore when I push on it (I know leave it alone)  Since I ripped the top layer of skin off, I have been putting neosporin on it.  

I got a BJ (no cover) about 9 weeks ago in spain and have had a course of zithromax after I got home for a mild respratory infection I developed from flying.  I posted something on a different forum and was told its probably syphilus lesion, but everything i have seen in pictures online is totally different, the spot looks different, the pics I have seen almost look like erosion or ulcerous and this is definately different.  Its also WAY smaller than anything I have seen on line.  I was worried before but now I am realyl worried!  What do you think?
I doubt syphilis (glad you posted here), but see a Dr for an exam.
God, I hope you are right.  The worst thing about these kinds of issues is the anxiety, it makes you mental!  I have a call into my Doc to see if I can get in this week.