STDs Community
sore penis after urinating

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

sore penis after urinating

I have had unprotected oral sex and protected vaginal sex with a sex worker 5 weeks ago now I have noticed that the end of my penis stings after I have been to the toilet there is no discharge but the rim of my glands appears to be very red and sore do you think I have caught an std the doctor I visited gave me ciprobay 500 to take.

This discussion is related to Viable Transmission Time?.
Tags: urinating
Its a shame that your doctor didn't do any testing.  See if the cipro works, and if it doesn't ease your symptoms, follow up with your doctor.

It could be an std, but without testing, its hard to know.

Aj
Symptoms also Included a white coating on the back of my tongue which seems to be coming of now I have taken the cipro I did not perform oral sex on the woman
If you didn't perform oral, then you can't have an oral infection from this.

Aj
Thanks for your help Im a bit confused as there is only soreness after urinating with no discharge could i have thrush or systitus if so will the anti biotic im taking help or make the conditions worse at the moment Im in a foriegn country and will be returning home 20th December I intend to go straight to the gum clinic what do you think I should ask them to be testing me for.
I would have them test you for gonorrhea, chlamydia, NGU and syphilis.

I don't know what you have - only tests would be able to tell you.

Aj
Hi Aj well I took your advice got tested last Wednesday for the above, I got the results back today and have been told I am all clear this is a relief but i still have the stinging sensation about 5-10 minutes after urinating can you suggest anything else i could try or get from the chemist to relieve the problem there is no discharge and there is now no swelling
You might need to see a urologist for this.  I wouldn't try any home treatments until you find out what's going on.

Aj
High AJ it was a urologist that took the swab for the tests for std he told me it was clear but if no better in a few days to go bacdk and see him
Then you need to go back.

Aj