STDs Expert Forum
sores inside of mouth
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

sores inside of mouth

I have sores inside of my mouth, one on the gums right below my teeth on the bottom, it is kind've like a white circle and is painful. I thought maybe it was a canker sore but I'm not sure because I also have HSV1 and have gotten cold sores since I was little, but usually they  are on my lips or outside of my mouth.  Anyways, I gave oral sex to my boyfriend yesterday and then we had sex afterwards.  Later on, I noticed that underneath my tongue on the fleshy part right below my gums right next to the frenulum I have a bump on one side.  It felt kind've like a cut at first but I was playing with it with my tongue and it feels like it got a lot bigger and it hurts.  It is like a small bump.  It is the same color as my gums but I was wondering if this could be herpes inside my mouth on my gums and underneath my tongue next to the frenulum and if I could have infected myself with herpes by giving my boyfriend oral sex and then having intercourse with him.  I know that it is possible to transfer HSV1 through oral sex but I was wondering if you think these sores in my mouth are HSV1 or if they are probably just canker sores or something else?