STDs Community
spit on penis

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

spit on penis

hey guys yesterday i went to a prostitute to have sex. she was very joyful and sexy. while she was giving me a handjob she suddently spitted on my penis once and and then she put on  condom.and gave me a protected blowjob which was followed by a brief protected intercourse. so now i am wondering what if i got something from her spit that was on my penis... or from her kissing me very deppely and licking my lips.

i must say that i have the bad habbit of chewing my lips and inside of oral cavity.
is there anything at all that i can be worried or there isn't even a remote possibility so i should forget about it...
I would not worry about it. STD's are transmitted from vaginal fluids, ejaculate, blood...not saliva. This is a really low risk activity. Good that you are using condoms, but remember that there is still a risk to spread genital herpes and genital warts even with condom usage. Don't worry too much about this incident though. Sometimes, a full STD exam will give you piece of mind if it's bothering you that much.
her using her saliva isn't a risk. protected oral sex is as close to risk free sexual contact as it gets.

you can still contract std's with a condom but the risk of such is incredibly low.

grace
thanx guys for the answers really appreciate it... yeah i am aware that there are std that are transmitted through protected sex but that is not my concern since the only way to avoid them is to abstain from sex which i will not do,,,,,So her spitting on my penis is not something to worry about for any stds thus testing and worring is not needed (did i got that right).... what about std testing can it be done like right away or i must wait???
peace brothers and sisters
should i forget about it????
You don't need testing for this incident. If you feel the need to get tested to ease your mind, then you should. Tests for chlamydia (and gonorrhea) probably become positive within 1-2 days. If you are concerned about HIV and syphilis, wait at at least 6-8 weeks. You will have definite results by then. In my 3rd year of medical school, I've worked at an STD clinic for the past year and I have never seen it take longer.
we recommend you wait at least 1 week post encounter for chlamydia and gonorrhea testing.   6 weeks of syphilis. 3 months for herpes and hiv.    testing sooner than those times has a pretty decent false negative rate so it's not worth testing earlier.
Hello Everyone! Hope I can be of some help here : ) aristotelis, you have gotten some good advice. Spit is not a mode of transmission for sexually transmitted diseases. Sometimes, it is worth it to test anyways just to get it off of your mind. I would recommend testing regularly once a year if you are sexually active. As far as testing times go, for gonorrhea 1-14 days after exposure and chlamydia 7-14 days after exposure. For HIV, CDC recommends 3 months and then a follow up in 6 months. However, 90% of all HIV positive cases do test positive at 4 weeks and at 6-8 weeks, results are close to 99.9%. This is information I have acquired through medical training. I am entering my residency this year in epidemiology so this information is accurate. Don't sweat it too much though, you are worrying too much ; )
Thanx a lot guys i cant thank you enough for your replies but the think is that i may not have the money to test for all these and i had some of them done in the past and there were quite expensive... i don't have any insurance so i has thinking since there is no risk... not to do any tests and erase my waorries. Is that a wise approach???
I have no idea what your options are in greece.  call your local deptartment of health type place and find out what are your lower/no cost options.

we've all told you that there's no risk from this - you are the one who said you were going for testing.  If you don't have insurance, definitely don't waste your money on testing!
sorry for prolonging the convo but jakie said in his first answer that a full std exam would be advisable to put my mind at ease.. i am thankfull for your advise (but i thought if the tells me to have a full std exam there has to be an std that can be passed via spit "saliva") So there isnt any???
no idea what jackie's expertise is - can only speak for my own but jackie specifically said this wasn't a risk and to test only for peace of mind if you need it.  if you don't have insurance, certainly do not even test for the peace of mind because it's no risk and not worth the money.
that did it =] thank you