Aa
A
A
Close
staphylococcus aureus
Hi guys,

i used to receive oral sex from prostitutes (with a condom on). I got a swap test on my penis and they said there is heavy growth of staphylococcus aureus.Does this mean my health is in danger?can i be cured? can i spread this to others?I havnt received any symptons so far
Cancel
11 Answers
Page 1 of 1
strange,staph not STD and not danger
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
1415174 tn?1453246703
The question I have is do you have a wound where the Staph. aureus was found? If so then you would need antibiotic treatment. Although S. aureus can be normal skin bacteria it  can also cause wound infections and so forth and some strains are very resistant to antibiotics (MRSA). Have you seen your doctor yet?  If you have they should let you know what the treatment plan will be.
Comment
Cancel
1415174 tn?1453246703
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
thank you.i did have a wound in my private parts.i scratched t too hard due to itchiness, but now the wound is gone.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
1415174 tn?1453246703
I'm glad you are doing better. Staph can really get bad if you don't watch it.
take care,
mkh9
Comment
Cancel
1415174 tn?1453246703
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
im just wondering, how does this bacteria spread and those it have any harmful effects?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
1415174 tn?1453246703
If you were treated for the Staph aureus it may be gone from the wound. But it is also present on the skin normally and so when you scratched it you probably broke the skin and created the wound and infection. But, Staph aureus can cause boils, furuncles, impetigo, and it is possible to get it into your blood stream usually from a wound. Were you treated for it? If the wound is gone you are probably ok. Just don't scratch the area. If the wound gets worse and/or if you have a fever then you should go to the doctor. Staph in general is fairly congagious.
mkh9
Comment
Cancel
1415174 tn?1453246703
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Hello russel

You had no std risk from protected oral sex.  See your doctor for the Staph.  It can be treated with antibiotics.  No need to be worked up.

Cheers

Phoenix
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
can u spread staph to family members by sharing eating utensils?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
No.
This is not a STD related issue, please follow up with your Dr.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
101028 tn?1419606604
if the wound is healed, this is no longer an issue for you. as was already said quite nicely, staph is normal on the skin and not unusual to be found in a small wound in the genital area. As long as the wound healed, no longer an issue.

grace
Comment
Cancel
101028 tn?1419606604
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
thanx guys
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
Top STDs Answerers
Blank
guilt1905