STDs Community
staphylococcus aureus

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

staphylococcus aureus

Hi guys,

i used to receive oral sex from prostitutes (with a condom on). I got a swap test on my penis and they said there is heavy growth of staphylococcus aureus.Does this mean my health is in danger?can i be cured? can i spread this to others?I havnt received any symptons so far
The question I have is do you have a wound where the Staph. aureus was found? If so then you would need antibiotic treatment. Although S. aureus can be normal skin bacteria it  can also cause wound infections and so forth and some strains are very resistant to antibiotics (MRSA). Have you seen your doctor yet?  If you have they should let you know what the treatment plan will be.
strange,staph not STD and not danger
thank you.i did have a wound in my private parts.i scratched t too hard due to itchiness, but now the wound is gone.
I'm glad you are doing better. Staph can really get bad if you don't watch it.
take care,
mkh9
im just wondering, how does this bacteria spread and those it have any harmful effects?
If you were treated for the Staph aureus it may be gone from the wound. But it is also present on the skin normally and so when you scratched it you probably broke the skin and created the wound and infection. But, Staph aureus can cause boils, furuncles, impetigo, and it is possible to get it into your blood stream usually from a wound. Were you treated for it? If the wound is gone you are probably ok. Just don't scratch the area. If the wound gets worse and/or if you have a fever then you should go to the doctor. Staph in general is fairly congagious.
mkh9
Hello russel

You had no std risk from protected oral sex.  See your doctor for the Staph.  It can be treated with antibiotics.  No need to be worked up.

Cheers

Phoenix
can u spread staph to family members by sharing eating utensils?
No.
This is not a STD related issue, please follow up with your Dr.
if the wound is healed, this is no longer an issue for you. as was already said quite nicely, staph is normal on the skin and not unusual to be found in a small wound in the genital area. As long as the wound healed, no longer an issue.

grace
thanx guys