STDs Community
std confusion, troubles with one partner

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

(scroll down to bottom for simplified version of symptoms) I have been so puzzled about my bodies malfunction lately. I'd like to preface this with until this man i started seeing i had not had a yeast infection before, nor anything else concerning. We dated a few months (to date 8 months) but early on i had weird sporadic symptoms such as occasional foul fishy smell only after having sex with him (masturbated earlier that day and smelled fine). A couple times spot bleed during/after intercourse, which is new for me, im usually very regular. Then finally November 2011 developed fishy smell again accompanied by redness swelling itching...that was the least of it, my abdomen began to be really sore and tender, i looked 5 months pregnant. had hot flashes, night sweats irritability, fatigue, dizziness you name it. Went to obgyn, was told probably bv and bladder infection. 7 day antibiotics didn't do anything. then was diagnosed with PID by urgent care cause the discomfort cont. was given 2 more antibiotics and a large cocktail shot in rear that dr said would knock it out (the infection, the pid i dont know) I was told if symptoms got worse go to er, went back to obgyn differnt dr said he found nothing wrong. he said all the antibiotics must have cleared up anything i may have had so couldnt say for sure how or what i had.

Finally feb 2012, resumed a sexual relationship with the same man, said he went and got tested (a full panel) and all came back negative, so he wasnt treated, he didnt have paperwork to show just his word, he also could not name what stds he was tested for (ignorant) we slept together again and again (also ignorant on my part) thenthis weekend we went to go on a trip got there, my privates smelled foul, like a fishy dirty smell. he ignored it said it smelled like sex. intercourse was painful and i was disgusted by the smell where he was not? i also gave him oral, and now my throats irritated like a lump, or something stuck, hard to swallow.

dont want to complicate this to much but since i have been sleeping with him again(now for a couple weeks) my eyes have been itchy and watery, my throat is irritated, my tongue bumpy in back, and have a nasty smelling whitish discharge and pain with sex. WHAT IS GOING ON? he seems to be the only common factor in all these problems, is it me, him, or us combined, What is happening to me? is it possible he is completely clean but i got pid and bv and now whatever this is. can he give me pid again, or did he in the first place?
you need to be seen again for proper testing for vaginal infections again.

at this point, it would be a bad idea to be having any unprotected sexual contact with him too.

grace
any ideas as to what it may be? i am trying to find an obgyn who takes my insurance, in the mean time should he be tested, should we go together? im kinda scared.
BV, yeast?? Overall symptoms are unrelated to a STD, but clearly something is going on. At this point see no reason for him to be tested, just you need to see a Dr.
saw a doctor, waiting for the test results so far she thinks it is bv, but its weird cause now i have a pain in my throat and itchy watery eyes, like as if it is an infection thats has spread, plus i feel like drs really arent to thorough and the reoccurences lead me to believe it is something different. and i have a feeling it is something with him, as i have not had issues outside of being with him. Wierd.
STD's, BV, yeast does not spread through the body. So you might be just getting a common cold.
The fishy fowl smell is a bacterial infection.  I forget the name of it.  You might want to google, what bacterial infection has a fishy fowl smell?  It seems like you are not telling you gyn that you have this smell.  As for your mouth, have her take a swab and have her test it for stds.  Make sure you ask her to test you for everything if you want to make sure you have not contracted anything else from him.  I feel he is lying to you and seeing another woman or women.  Make him get his test results for you to see, better yet, don't have sex with him without a condom!!!!  If this man is your boyfriend and he cannot produce or will not produce evidence that he has been tested and clean, get rid of him.  As far as your other symptoms, hot flashes, night sweats, fatigue, etc., those are all symptoms of menapause.  How old are you?  I think you might be going through perimenapause.  Doing a blood test will confirm this.  Talk to your gyn.  Keep me posted.  Good luck.