STDs Community
std question

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

std question

was wondering if someone could answer a question..i ran into an ex girlfriend of mine ..three days ago..to make a long story short she gave me a blow job which lasted for under a minute.im sure she is disease free but one never ever really knows..the reason for my concern is im seeing someone for two months now and would not want to put them at any risk.. this person im seeing and myself just recently got tested and everything came back ok..now that i had this encounter im worried ..is there any risk for an std? or anything else.. she was free of any sores on her lips and i showered right after..do i need to test again.? can i still have sex with my new lady? or should i wait? if so how long..its been 3 days no symptoms..thanks in advance..and yes i feel very guilty:(
Your risk for a STD is low, I would not be worried about it
thanks for your reply vance..one more question..ive read that sometimes you can have no symptoms..should i be getting tests done?  if so whats the earliest i can go? or do you think tests are unwarrarnted for the siuation i described thaks again :)
From the above action I see no need for testing, but up to you if you want to test for safety.
Gonorrhea and chlamydia-5 days
syphilis-6 weeks
herpes and HIV-3 months
thanks again vance i noticed you reply to alot of posts on here your very knowledgeable and a great help..keep up the great work im sure everyone appreiciates it!!! so is it safe for me to to continue having sex with my new g/f...im going to get tested anyway for my peace of mind..or do you think i should hold off on sex untill then?
I see no reason to wait, but use condoms.
hey vance another question..its been 4 days now im going to see my doctor in the morning..the head of my penis has a few red spots on it. also my foreskin is alittle red no pain just a little ..not sure if its from checking my penis constanly or just from not showering today..could it be herpes or would herpes be more painful?
Have to post in the herpes forum for that.
Have an STDs question?
100,000+ doctor answers