STDs Community
std question

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

std question

Almost 2 years ago i recieved unprotected oral sex. I was super paranoid about it. I had to urinate frequently. 4-5 weeks later i had a full panel std test and it came back negative. But i was still urinating frequently. So i thought i may have a uti. I went to a urologist and was tested only for a uti and it was negative. To this day i am still urinating frequently with the exception of a few normal days each month. Now my wife tells me that she develops a yeast infection everytime we have sex. Im just trying to figure out what is going on. She i get tested for std again or what do i do.
Polyuria or frequent urination may be caused by other medical conditions especially diabetes mellitus.  Try checking your blood sugar to rule out the condition.

Since Candida may be present in the normal vagina and yeast infections can occur in celibate women, it is not considered to be a typical sexually transmitted infection (STD). Treatment of male sex partners who do not develop symptoms of an infection is not considered necessary by most experts since sexual activity is not a significant cause of infection. However, it is possible for men to develop symptoms after sexual intercourse with an infected partner.

I hope this helps! take care!

usually when women are getting yeast infections frequently, it's because their partners ejaculate is changing their protective ph in the vagina and causes yeast over growth - it's not something you are passing back and forth that you got from someone else.  Is your wife being seen every time she has symptoms for proper testing or just assuming yeast and self treating?

do you need more std testing? no you do not. You already covered your bases with that testing and no std causes long term frequent urination like this.

indeed continue to follow up on this. Make sure that they are manually examining your prostate too.  Also try to purposely avoid urinating as often too. sometimes you just get in the habit of urinating more frequently and  your bladder gets smaller over time from doing so.  Same as avoid caffeine, spicy foods and alcohol too for a few months to see if that helps too.

grace
No she has not gone to the doctor. She is just self diagnosing. I was told several years ago that some sugars were in my urine and be careful about that. I guess i will go and have thet checked. I try and avoid caffeine altogether now. Her getting these yeast infections just got me a little concerned cuz she said they started maybe over a year ago. Also when i went to the urologist he put me on an antibiotic for a week which i saw no results from. He also put me on a medicine to help with frequent urination but it only made it physically hard to go i still had the feeling i needed to go. Thanks for the responses.
she needs to start being seen every time she has symptoms and getting properly tested to see if indeed it is a yeast issue or not at this point.

if you have had sugar in the your urine in the past, indeed your provider should be following up yearly with fasting blood sugar testing as well as urine testing on you.