STDs Expert Forum
std symptoms

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

std symptoms

Having recently had unprotected sex i am worried about my exposure to std's. if a male was exposed to Gon or chlam is it swelling of the testicles that you should look out for and not worry about aches and pains? if there is no discharge or pain upon urination is that a pretty good indicator that you are clean? like a few people on here i have a dull ache but i do not have swelling or tenderness but i don't know what the symptoms of chlamayd involve for the testicles.
When gonorrhea or chlamydia causes a swollen testicle (epididymitis), generally there is severe pain, marked tenderness to the touch, and sometimes redness of the skin of the scrotum (almost always on one side only); and sometimes fever.  Sometimes it is just as painful as a severe testicular injury, like being kneed in the groin. It's not a subtle disease.  Many STD education materials don't make this clear; they just say "swollen or painful testicle"--so this frequent misunderstanding is understandable.  But someone who just has vague aching or questionable swelling of the testicles can be sure it isn't gonorrhea, chlamydia, or any other STD.  The main symptoms of those infections are abnormal discharge ("drip") from the penis and uncomfortable or overtly painful urination.

Good luck--  HHH, MD
Sorry,forgot to ask , how common is it for a male to have gonn or chlam and not have a discharge or urination pain?
Sorry, last question, i promise. if someone did have gonn or chlam would the following regime get rid of it:

Doxycycline 100mg twice a day for 4 days

Tetracycline 500mg four times a day for seven days

Chlamydia often occurs without drip or urinary discomfort, up to 40% of cases; gonorrhea rarely does (perhaps 1-2% of cases).  Either of those regimens is highly reliable against chlamydia and very good, although not 100% reliable, against gonorrhea.

HHH, MD
you might have elephantitis of the nuts. Good luck with that!
Are there any std's that would cause something that looks like a boil in the groin area?
this is my first pregnacy and i went in for a pap and the test came back that i had chlamydia, i got antibiotic for it. i also had group b strep and got treatment for that. since then i have not had sex with anyone and everything was clear. i think now i have a yeast infection. im very itchy and irratted. i soon developed some bumps down there on the lips and near the anal area. the bumps are skin color and i tried to pop or scrap them off and they just hurt and bleed. one of them actually came off at one point after i went to the bathroom and wiped. could the bumps be part of the yeast infection? i am worried becuse if they were an std then my pap would have seen it right? i also got a call from my dr and i have to go in for a level two sono cuz my blood test came back for a red flag that my baby might have edwards syndrome. were she has an extra chromosome and will be mentally handicapp. i am really worried my next appt isnt til the 21 of august. can some one please give me some feed back on this. thankx
Is severe dry mouth a sign of an STD. Water even tastes weird and doesn't help with dryness