STDs Community
still have a discharge after std medication is finish

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

I found out a week ago i had {trichomonas} but was giving meds for  3 diseases., a shot for gonorrhea, an pills for chlamydia & tric. so heres the thing in my state an city they can only tell if you have 1 disease but treat you for others, so if I HAVE TOOK ALL MY MEDS,  WHICH WERE FOR 7 DAYS ,,,WHY AM I STILL HAVING A DISCHARGE DAYS LATER AFTER BEING OFF THE MEDS. I WAS TOLD BY HEALTH OFFICIALS NOT TO WORRY I'M CURED but if i felt like something was wrong come back in a month to be recheck .i've heard some meds can be resistant to the diseases. help i'm scared b/c i don't want to end up having a long term illness. SHOULD I BE WORRIED THAT I MIGHT STILL HAVE AN STD? OR SHOULD I TRUST WHAT THE health officials say?
I'm confused. First off legally if you tested + for more than 1 std, they are obligated to inform you of that. It's illegal to withhold medical information from a patient.  If you are concerned about what you did or did not test + for, you have every right within the HIPAA guidelines to call and ask for a copy of your std test results so thatyou can see the actual results yourself to clear up any confusion.  If they tell you they won't give give you a copy or won't read you all your test results then inform them that you are contacting HIPAA ( which you can do on their website for free ).  

If it's been more than a week since you finished up your medication and you still have discharge then you need to return to your provider for further evaluation.  It could be something else going on that either the medication didn't cover or that has developed because of taking medication.

grace
I agree - its not illegal anywhere in the US to get your test results - all of them.

Aj
i think yall are missing what the entire question was about. i know now that i only had {tric} after going back pickin up my results but i was still havin a discharge after taking all the meds, an i believe its coming from something else all my tests can back negative but i was just scare about still havin a discharge. i don't know how clinics work where you all are at but where i'm at you go in get check if you show sighs of a std they treat you for what you appear to have, an give meds for you may even if you don't since all std got the same smyptoms .anyone should know that all tests have to be sent off to the  bigger labortory for further testing that why you have to wait 10days or so to find if anything else was positive. {example} you can't go take a damn AIDS TEST AN GET RESULTS BACK THE SAME DAY UNLESS YOU ARE IN A DOCTOR OFFICES OR SOMEWHERE thats train to get results back earlier.
Then I am confused.  Grace and I mentioned that because if you were positive for something else, that could be why your symptoms hadn't cleared up - if you weren't treated for something you were positive for.

When you originally posted, you did not say that you had gotten all your results and they were all negative, and that changes things.  Do you know if you were tested for bacterial vaginosis and yeast?

Is there a reason you are only going to the county health (lack of insurance, money, parents finding out..?)  It might be time to see a gynecologist.  You shouldn't still have symptoms.

Aj
this will be the last reply we make to you in this post.  you have violated several posting policies so you've been reported to the medhelp moderators and at this point I am unsure what action will be taken against you.  Continuing to insult us like this will definitely result in being banned from medhelp.  

I think you are totally missing the point of what Jess and I are trying to make for you.  You've had your std bases covered but still have discharge so obviously something is going on down yonder.  You need to return to be seen and have your discharge properly examined and tested to find out what is going on.  

grace