STDs Expert Forum
strip club encounter

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

strip club encounter

Exactly Ten days ago I was in Las Vegas at a strip club.  Before the night was over a stripper approached me and told me she would give me a hand job.  I went with her to a back room and she started to give me a lap dance with her underwear on.  It was only a topless strip club, so they had to keep their bottoms on.  She then proceeded to undo my belt and give me a hand job under my pants. Throughout the whole ordeal she would dance on top of me and my area with her area and I believe she touched her own vagina (skin) a few times, then proceeded to finish me off.  Nothing of any sort was ever inserted between the two of us. No oral, vaginal, or anal, Just hand-to-gential contact!!!  My pants and underwear never came off, it was just her hand touching my penis.  I did eventually end up cumming in my boxers with her hand still down there. About three days after the incident had happened I returned to Minnesota and felt a slight irritation in my throat. Just to warn you the tempature in Minnesota has been changing from 30 degrees at night to about 50 or 60 degrees during the day.  It has gotten a lot colder so maybe these feelings are from that, also I have been feeling tired during the day and pretty depressed and disgusted with the incident that had taken place.  I have only been with one other women in my whole life and she is currently my girlfriend for the past three years.  I am extremely nervous and paranoid from this.  Can you please answer the following questions to the best of your knowledge:

1.) I want to know if I should go to my doctor and get checked for any std's and/or HIV?

2.)what is the % of contracting HIV through what I have explained?  Let me tell you that this is all that is on my mind lately.  I can't do school work, I can't sleep, and I just cannot concentrate because I am thinking about the worst and if I have ruined my life for ever because of this incident.

3.) what is the % of contracting any other std's with these actions and these symptoms?

4.) How alarming are these symptons that I have described to you after doing this in Las vegas? Is it just my mind playing tricks on my or could it be the tempature of Minnesota?

Thank you so much for listening and your website and your Q and A are unbelievably helpful and insightful.  

Keep Up the good work and thanks for listening!
The quick answer is that there is no chance of getting HIV or any STD from the exposure you describe; and that the symptoms you describe cannot be due to HIV or STD (onset too soon after exposure).  Your mild sore throat might have been due to catching a cold from the stripper, but that's all.

1) I don't recommend STD or HIV testing.  But if, as for many people, my words aren't sufficiently reassuring and you want the additional reassurance of a negative HIV test, have one done about 6 weeks from now.  (If you happened to be positive, I would not believe you caught it from the exposure you describe, but from some other route and partner.)  Definitely do not test for other STDs unless you have had other risks you don't mention.

2 and 3) Zero.

4) Not at all alarming.  Sequential events are not necessarily causally related.  (Environmental temperature also has nothing to do with it.  Contrary to popular beliefs and our grandmothers' advice, cold weather and dampness do not cause colds or increase susceptibility to them.)

Thanks for the thanks.  You're welcome.  Please relax and put this out of your mind; you really are not at risk, period.  Good luck--

HHH, MD
You should know that your chances of an STD from this are zero. That goes for HIV and anything else you can think of. You don't need testing. You would be the only person in human history to get HIV from a hand job and the risk of getting anything else would be that same as getting it from a toilet seat or shaking hands. It simply does not happen. I imagine you have had soar throats before. They happen all the time and are not STD related almost always. But wait for the Dr. I think he will confirm this.
Ditto Search here for hand to genital contact and you will see the Docotr's repsonse to similar questions. Your risk is Zero-even if she touched herself, this would not cause infection. there was no oral contact so you would not have an oral infection so the sore throat is not an STD- Did you by chance give a little kiss to this young lady?  If so, you might consider the sore throat being a common cold.  There are many men on here who panic when faced with the same or similar situation.  Relax.  Take in the info you get here and move forward in a rational manner.  Of course I am not the doctor, so wait for him for reassurance.  I still have doubts and come back here for reassurance by reading the messages here.  Good Luck
well, again I thankyou so much for the information doctor and it has put my mind at ease!!  I just have one more worry. It seems that since coming back from Vegas I will get some itching or a slight burning sensation at the tip of my penis. No discharge!!  It never hurts when I pee, it actually feels better when I pee, but throughtout the day I will get some burning sensation.  It never has hurt when having sex, it is just a slight dulling pain throughout the day.  The feeling will leave for some time, maybe a few hours or a few days, but it seems to come back.  

What do these symptoms sound like doc?  

Do these prolonged symptoms sound like an std?  These are the same sypmtoms I felt the day after the encounter with the stripper and now it has been 1 MONTH.  

I have been doing some research also to find out if could these symptoms be from certain type of food or drink?  or could it be from lack of minerals or protiens?  or could it be a urinary tract infection?  

Doctor, What do you think and what is your advice that I should do about it?

Thankyou so much, I really appreciate the web site and the advice.
A related discussion, asf was started.
A related discussion, Scared of HIV transmission was started.