STDs Community
suspectible pap smear help...

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

suspectible pap smear help...

hello, i just want to ask something that is really bothering me since 5 months now... while i had my pap smear i think the doc. wasn't wearing any gloves and im also not sure whether the instruments were from the sterilizated ones... If someone before me had an STD is it possible that she passed it on me by not wearing gloves? thank you
Tags: pap, Pap smear, smear, help, STDs, thanks
No it is not possible.
Most medical professionals wear gloves to protect themselves from you, not you from them.
No it is not possible.
so no risk even for hpv? cuz i've been reading that hand to genital contact is possible way of transmission when it comes to hpv. thank you
No
thank you