STDs Expert Forum
sweat and smell in the higher thighs area

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Hello Dr.

My problem is that the higher inner area of my thighs are getting sweaty and smelly. This is not due to some phisical activity. I regulary take baths. I think this situation is not related to the underwear or clothes i wear, since it appears no matter what kind of underwear/clothes i wear at the moment.

Thanks.
You don't say whether you are a man or woman.  Women can get vaginal/genital odors that can be a sign of infection, especially with bacterial vaginosis or trichomonas.  No STD causes actual skin odor.  Often it's a sign of bacterial overgrowth, which is expecially common in overweight people.  I don't know of any solution other than what you're already doing--wash often, loose-fitting underwear, etc.

HHH, MD
Sorry,

I'm 26 years old male. I have few extra pounds, but i'm not fat. My legs have always been more fat than the rest of my body.
A related discussion, i had that too. was started.