STDS
FORUM
sweat and smell in the higher thighs area
by ebi_se, Jun 13, 2005
Hello Dr.

My problem is that the higher inner area of my thighs are getting sweaty and smelly. This is not due to some phisical activity. I regulary take baths. I think this situation is not related to the underwear or clothes i wear, since it appears no matter what kind of underwear/clothes i wear at the moment.

Thanks.
Answer:
You don't say whether you are a man or woman.  Women can get vaginal/genital odors that can be a sign of infection, especially with bacterial vaginosis or trichomonas.  No STD causes actual skin odor.  Often it's a sign of bacterial overgrowth, which is expecially common in overweight people.  I don't know of any solution other than what you're already doing--wash often, loose-fitting underwear, etc.

HHH, MD
Member Comments (2)
by ebi_se, Jun 13, 2005
Sorry,

I'm 26 years old male. I have few extra pounds, but i'm not fat. My legs have always been more fat than the rest of my body.
by chris181, Jan 04, 2009
A related discussion, i had that too. was started.