STDs Expert Forum
swollen corona of glans(glands)

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

swollen corona of glans(glands)

Thank you for your answer in advance.

14 weeks ago I (male) received a 20 sec. oral sex during a nude massage. All STD's tests after 14 weeks are negative. 2 days after the encounter my penis head ( the corona of the glans (glands) ) got swollen and puffy and it is still swollen. But there are no pain, no discomfort and no itching. It looks like a rubber arc underneath the skin of the glans (glands).

My Urologist said: let me know when you know, but it is not STD.
My Dermatologist gave me a cream to apply for 14 days and said: probably it is irritated.
Another Dr. said: it might be a lymph node.

my questions are:

- What could it be ?
- If it is irritated what should I do? and how long does it take to heal?
- if it is a lymph node what should I do? and how long does it take to heal?
-What test should I do more ?

P.S.: the puffiness is getting smaller but very very slowly.
Welcome to the forum.  Thanks for your question.

I agree that no STD typically causes the sort of symptoms you describe, and would be most suspicious of a chemical or physical irritation, as your urologist (and apparently your dermatologist) suspected.  The only STD that comes to mind would have been herpes -- the timing was right -- but it would probably have caused overt blisters and sores as well as swelling.  In any case, neither herpes nor any other STD would cause swelling that would continue beyond 1-2 weeks.  So whatever is going on now clearly is not an STD of any kind.

I don't understand your comment about a lymph node being swollen.  Are you talking about a swelling in your groin?  There are no lymph nodes under the skin of the penis itself.

That's about as far as I can go.  On this forum we don't speculate about genital symptoms other than STDs.  In any case, this doesn't sound at all serious and as long as the swelling continues to receded, I don't think you need be worried about it.  If you remain concerned, continue to work with your dermatologist and/or urologist.

Best wishes--  HHH, MD
No swelling in the groin. What I meant is that the puffiness around my glans (glands) might be due to a lymph problem ???
How long does it take to heal if it is due to a chemical or physical irritation? can I do anything to help it heal in this case ? or just ignore it. thank you for your time.
If for some reason there were blockage of the lymph vessels in your penis, it could cause swelling.  This sounds very unlikely in your situation, and as I said above, I doubt this is anything serious.  But if you remain concerned about it, your urologist would be the best source for futher advice.