STDs Community
swollen lymph nodes and penis

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

swollen lymph nodes and penis

Dear Dr.
I am 25y.o, male, HIV- and have been in monogamous with a guy for few years. last Sunday, I had unprotected sex with another guy. we had anal sex and I was the top. the next day, I felt that my groin nodes are swollen, I had headache, bodyache and a little fever. I didn't feel any discharge around my genital or when I urinate. I also didn't see any pus, so I got STD's test the following day because I was so nervous but now I have to wait for a week or two to find out the result. Today, I feel my penis is swollen and a little itch around the peak on my penis. can you tell me what's going on with me? I really appreciate any input.

Thanks,
K.C

This discussion is related to Swollen lymph nodes in groin - STD-related?.
You wouldn't get symptoms of anything that fast, though its good that you tested.  It may just be bad timing and you have a flu bug.

Aj
Hi Aj,
Can a flu bug causes lymph nodes and penis to get swollen?
I was wrong. it actually took me two days after the exposure that I felt my groin nodes were swollen and then I did the STD's test the next day cause I was so nervous. Today, it has been 4 days since the exposure and I feel itchy in my penis while it's still a bit swollen and my groin nodes(above my penis) are still swollen and tender as well. can anyone tell me if I got STD's or any idea?

Thank you so much.
You would have to test for gonorrhea and chlymida 1 week after exposure. 2 days would be the right time for gonorrhea to start showing it's self but not with swollen nodes.
It does not sound like an STD from your symptoms.
I had sex with a The next day I felt pain in my lymph nodes, and then three days later experienced a clear discharge that last three days. I tested neg for gono and chlamydia, but lymph nodes in my left side of my armpit, elbow groin, and leg swelled and were painful. I underwent treatment with cipro, riaxin, zithromax, none of which helped. I took doxycylcine which did reduce the pain and swelling but not completely, so I got doulbed dose of doxy, which just barely improved reducing swelling and pain in nodes, but then I started feeling pain on right side nodes, with no swelling. I tested neg for HIV five weeks after exposure to whatever I caught. I think this is a mutated bacterial infection, as gono and chlamydia strains are showing resistance to antibiotics. I will wait three weeks after yesterday which was the first day I have been off of antibiotics in over a month and retest for stds. People on here are so quick to say this is not an std, but they are ignoring the mutation factor as well as there are many microbes which are unknown. It is very possible that this is a new created or mutated disease. Most likely gonorrhoea mutation. But discounting it and saying it is not an std is not professional. I will try to perform a gram stain myself at three weeks if my discharge returns