STDs Expert Forum
syphilis
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

syphilis

hi i had protected sex and gave unprotected oral to a women 10 months ago after 7 days my throat got swollen but not painful so at 10 days i had a full std test includeing 10 day pcr hiv test and and throat swab all came back negative,so i thought fine but 6 months later my eyes went dull and a bit yellow and a bit blood shot then i got bad pains in my stomach little needle pains on the right mid section of my stomach and i lost my appitite for a week.So i went to the docters and told my problems and he said he was pretty sure that nothing was wrong and because the weekend before i had been hard drinking that could have caused the pains, but he done a full hepatites blood test anyway because i was worried. They came back negative then about two weeks later my glands in my groin popped up and have been up for 6 months now could this be syphilis i have had no sore come up but might have noticed a bit of a rash on the bottom of the feet after six months prior exposer and have bought 4 hiv home test kits all negative and 4 home syphilis kits from different web sites and all negative what are the chances this is syphilis i live in the uk. i have a wife and her glands are up two in the groin what could this be please help.