STDs Community
syphilis

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

syphilis

I have a question about the primary stage of syphilis. I am male, age 20, and I have a partner who is male as well, but I went out of state to visit family and there is somewhat of an "open" part to our relationship when one of us travels. My partner and I have never had an std before, and it has been months since he has experienced anything with another person. About a week and a half ago, I was being physical with another male from out of state. I gave him unprotected oral sex for less than thirty seconds, and the furthest we went was dry humping and kissing, the just jacked off next to each other. There was no anal sex, and he did not give me oral sex.

Today I noticed an oval-ish patch of skin at the bottom of the underside of my shaft, right above the balls. It looked as if there was a layer of dead skin over it or something, and I eventually ended up messing with it and peeling it off. Before doing so the patch of skin did not necessarily hurt, but when it was rubbed against it wasn't comfortable. I successfully peeled the layer of skin or whatever off without much pain and what was left was a patch of smooth, pinkish skin. When touched/pressed it somewhat gets irritated but nothing too painful. My question is does the patch of skin sound like a syphilis ulcer in the primary stage? I often irritate my genitals by masterbating (masturbating) too often and sometimes give myself blisters, but none that have ever looked like that. Also, since I was the one performing oral sex, I am inclined to think that the syphilis sore would be present in my mouth rather than my penis. I am in no way denying that it's not syphilis, but I would like to get someone who knows a little something about the STD's opinion on the matter. Thanks so much!
this really doesn't sound like syphilis.  sounds more like irritation than anything.  

the rates of genital herpes infections in gay males are very high. have you and your partner ever been tested for herpes?  

have you had your gardasil shots?

to best protect yourself in an open relationship, all oral and anal sex should be protected. saves you worry and protects you fully :)

grace
Have an STDs question?
100,000+ doctor answers