STDs Expert Forum
thick, sticky semen

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

thick, sticky semen

ok, i'm worried. i havent had intercourse in over 6 months. i masturbate infrequently, maybe 2 or 3 times a month. a couple weeks ago, i noticed when i ejaculated a number of things:
1. it wasnt an intense orgasm, the semen just kinda walked out, if you will.
2. the semen was thicker than usual.
3. it had sticky, yellow-ish parts mixed in

now, since then, i have masturbated about 5 times, hoping that that was a one time thing. but its not. the semen is still thicker and stickier than normal. please let me know what you think this could be. i appreciate your help.
My expertise is in STDs, not in sexual functioning, so I can't say what it might be, except that it isn't an STD.  Conceivably the yellowish discoloration could mean an infection, e.g. prostatitis.  I suggest continuing to wait, as long as there is no other abnormalit such as pain, fever, uncomfortable urination, etc.  But if persists or you are nervous about waiting, see a health care provider.

Good luck--  HHH, MD
in addition, i have no problems urinating, no burning sensation urinating or ejaculating, and my penis appears to be free of spots, etc. the skin is reddish and shiny extending from the head down the shaft for about 2 inches, but nothing else is abnormal.
While you wait for the doctor's reply, I thought I'd maybe reassure you a bit. As far as I know, there's no STD that affects the appearance of semen at all. You're fine. The consistency, taste and color of semen really depends mainly on diet and how hydrated you are. Force of ejaculation depends more on how aroused you are, how long you were aroused, and how strong your muscles are. Doing your kegels can help :-)
thanks doc and monkeyflower!! i appreciate your help. take care!
A related discussion, Contacting STD was started.
Yellow semen is goneria!!!!!! Go to your local helth departmen asap Aka tomorrow morning and get an STD test, it's mostlikly free or 25 dollars two weeks for results, there privite & if your positive they will treat u free right there! If you are discharging it will stain you crotch on your boxers you must show the doctor asap they will treat you that same day. It takes 4/5 day for the anti viris to take compleete effect, please get tested if you think you have an STD so we can stop the spread!