STDs Expert Forum
tiny foreskin bumps

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

tiny foreskin bumps

Hi Doc, this is a question regarding tiny bumps on my inner foreskin. I've only had sex with two women in my entire life for a total of 5 times and I used protection every time with both of them. I noticed that when I stretch my foreskin out to see the inner moist area that covers my penis head, there seem to be lots of really tiny dots/bumps that are almost invisible unless the foreskin area is stretched and put under light. There seems to be a lot of these little bumps, however they are not visible when the foreskin is retracted. They are very very tiny and seem to be around the whole inner foreskin. The area is reddish and these tiny bumps seem to be the same color. As Ive stated i'm uncircumcised and havent always retracted my foreskin to wash as is necessary until recently. These tiny bumps have not seem to spread and have not gotten any bigger.  Thanks
It is difficult to be sure what this is without the opportunity but they do not sound like a typical STD.  Furthermore, the exposures you've had were condom protected making STD still less likely.  What they may be is something we call pearly penile papules which are entirely normal.  See an STD specialist or a dermatologist and they will be able to tell you what these are.
Until then, I would urge you not to worry- your risk is low.  EWH
Thanks for the reply. They do seem to look similar like the pictures of pearly penile papules that I have seen pictures of, however I thought they those were only present on the penis head around the rim area. Is it possible to have them on the inner part of the foreskin that covers the penis head? These really seem similar in their appearance. They are very very small and impossible to see unless you carefully look and there is a large number of them. thanks
Also, I currently have PPP on the underside of my penis head which have been there for as long as I can remember. Howevver, I do not know if you can have them on the inner foreskin area?
Little to add. As I said, I think you should get examined.  Please let us know what the dermatologist says. EWH
Im planning on seeing one this week, however I was just wondering if you can get PPP on your foreskin? Thanks
The reason I suggested you see a health care provider is because I cannot examine you and descriptions vary.  True pearly penile papules are unusual on the foreskin, if that is where yours are.  Bottom line, you need  to be examined.  No more "could this be" or "what if" questions please.  EWH
Hi TIB101.

Your description of these bumps on your foreskin are very, very similar to something that has concerned me for quite sometime.  I noticed them a few months back when I was concerned about receiving fellatio from an unfamiliar female and posted about them on this site.  I had a STD specialist look at them fearing herpes.  She said they looked nothing like herpes, and would have expected them to develop (ie. form blisters, burst, crust, heal) if this were the case.  I still have that same little cluster of bumps today, several months later, and have also noticed other little patches of them around the inner foreskin (like you said, only visible upon stretching the skin, and not around the normal area for PPP).  I was so happy to see your post, and to know someone else is concerned about the same issue.  I have also noticed that my bumps sometimes get a little red and inflamed from time to time, but never go through the typical herpes cycle, mentioned above, and they don't disappear in the typical herpes timeframe (1-3 weeks).  Please let me know what your dermatologist says about your situation, and I will try to get in and see one soon and do the same.  Ultimately, I think, and hope that neither one of us have much to worry about, but I suspect both of us ultimately want to hear that from a health professional in person.  Good luck.
I have the same thing.  When I pull foreskin back on the inner foreskin I have a patch of little bumps kinda scattered on the right side and on the left a smaller patch forming.  I have an appointment to get see a derm but not for a couple of weeks and i worry alot.  I hope were all ok.  My doc said she wasnt sure if they were hpv or not but she wouldnt worry about it.  It didnt seem to be hpv cause of the amount and feel of them but who knows i guess.  She's usually right about that kinda stuff though.  The only way would be to go get it checked out.  I really dont need anything wrong down there.  I just keep praying it subaceous glands or somethin like that.  Let me know what you guys find out from ur docs ok.  Anyway best of luck

cheers!!!