STDs Community
toddler herpes

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

toddler herpes

hi I am so worried,I have genital herpes I know this because I get breakout in my left buttock but last february I accidentally picked up my 18 month old boy against my hip I had a break out in the left buttock and a little pimple around the hip, he wasn't wearing a diaper because it was bath time and I'm concerned because that same week he got a lump with in his left testicle it was swollen and red with little areas of open skin which went away with a foot athlete's cream that his pediatrician had given him for a rash before I didn't feel him having a fever but this past weekend he got another lump in his inner thigh which burnt him when I washed it with soap he didn't have fever and had a rash in the diaper area again the swelling went away with a diaper cream but it left a little scar his pediatrician is telling me not to worry but mean while I am suffering a lot from this, what do you recommend doctor
The Doc. won't answer on this forum.  You need to go to the doctor-to-patient forum.

But you don't need the doctor.  There is no risk that your son could get genital herpes this way.  Your doctor is right, do not worry.  Todders get sores in that area all the time.  That is what happens when you wear diapers.
sounds to me like you are a sexual predator. Shame on you! You will go to jail if the child gets herpes!
this mother is not a sexual predator! please do not continue to post things like that - this board is not about accusing folks of anything - it's for support and information.

grace
When you have ob's on your buttocks - you aren't shedding the virus from your hip. Now yes you are most likely shedding the virus from your entire anogenital area too but not from the thick skin on your hip ( where a mother balances a child when carrying them ).

It's very unlikely that you transmitted your hsv2 to your son!  It takes more than just actual contact with the virus  - it takes heat and friction which doesn't happen when just picking your child up to put them in the bath.  I'm right with your pediatrician that it's not likely to be herpes that is causing your son's rashes.  Kids are very prone to rashes - especially until they get out of diapers.  

grace

Back in 2003 I was in love..with my boyfriend 13 years but one day ..I woke up I had 1 day I woke up with a large bump on my pelvic area I remember this bump had pus and blood. this bump never came back  it is now 2011. but in 2005 I got pregnant with my daughter and I think she was born from a mother with her herpes. I never had signs of  virus . when I was pregnant there run all the necessary testing. now that's my little girl 5 she complains about her chest hurting ,her legs hurt, her hearts hurts,we have been to the doctor more times then I can count we have had blood tests, x ray
The doctor said nothing wrong with her. I don't believe it My doctor said the same thing About me when I complain chest pain in my chest hurting my heart hurts sometimes I do you feel like I have a fever  there's nothing wrong with me I am A healthy women pain in my side too
What should I do it so hard for me to tell my doctor that I have herpes when I was 19 I have my daughter at 22 2006 her father passed away call can I get a test base on the fact that virus a a peird when I was a younger teens. I have secret for over 10 years I am afraid to find out
it's best when you just start your own post instead of adding onto an old post like this.

if indeed you do have herpes, it's not what is causing symptoms in your daughter or yourself. if you want to find out if you do have herpes, you need a type specific herpes igg blood test done. No reason to test your daughter at her age. if she had contracted herpes from you during birth, she would've been noticeably ill and you would've had to have her hospitalized and would've known it was herpes then.

grace