tootheache related to herpes.
Can a toothache be related to herpes.  I have a horrible toothache in the back of my mouth by my wisdom teeth which are still in my mouth.  I've been poking around back there a lot because I thought that a piece of food was caught back there.  Now I noticed a sour in the back of my mouth close to my tooth.  Could this be herpes or just from me poking around.  That side of my mouth is killing.  I did hook up with someone about a week ago.  I performed oral on her and kissed.  Please let me know if anyone has any ideas.
well I'm a 3rd year dental student... I do know that herpes can have oral manifestations, but chances are that since you do still have your wisdom teeth, and the pain is around the wisdom teeth, it's probably nothing more than decay.  If your wisdom teeth are visible in your mouth and are growing 'straight', you should have your dentist check for decay.  If your wisdom teeth are impacted, you should have x-rays done to see if there are any infections surrounding the roots of the tooth.  Very common to have infections and cysts surrounding wisdom teeth.  The pain could be from the tooth erupting, or VERY LIKELY from you foolind around with them.  May I suggest that you do get in to your dentist soon, it doesn't sound life threatening, but tooth aches are quite tricky.  You certainly dont' want a spot of decay in your tooth to spread through out your body and cause terrible trouble.  Get in and get that checked out (get those widsom teeth removed (if they are the problem)...you don't need them anyway..LOL)