trichomonas wont go?? what helps?? please comment seriously worried!! :(
Hi I recently went to visit my friend who a couple ov months ago told me she had been very upset dealing with trichomonas. Now over the past 3months she's been back an forth to the nurse who has gave her several swabs an ova four courses of metronidazole and another swab has been taken and its still not cleared she's taken all medication correctly and now has it in her head she is goin 2 hav 2 live with these horrible sytoms as its neva gna go. So after seein her so upset iv done a lot of research tonight and all over the web it says this antibiotic can fail for 1 out of 11 women but there is another abtibiotic to take which is called tinidazole. So I was wonderin is this disease definitly curable and has anybody ever had metronidazole and its failed 2 work and had to take something els e.g tinidazole?? Please comment and help as I am very worried
Oh my god!!! I have been dealing with the same upsetting situation. Now was your friend actually tested positive??? I tested positive only one time out of maybe 6 tests I had done. I've taken 3 courses of metronidazole and just recently tinidazole and still nothing..I. don't know what to do anymore..:(
you asked this previously and received an answer.

please read our read before posting post on the forum as to the rules of posting here. thank you.
I am having the same problem but i had been diagnossed with trichomonas in december I was perscribed metronidazole, in two weeks went for my follow up and the obgyn told me i still had it and that she would perscribe me tinidazole after i took it my symptoms were gone and every thing so before i went for my next follow up i had gotten a second opinion and they sad i was clear of all stds, so the very next day i go back to my obgyn and she just called me today and said that i still had trich so she perscribed the high dose of tindamax, now i really am going to get a third opinion because she has to be wrong, i just don't understand this. Trich is supposed to be cured by tinidazole i don't think the obgyn know what shes doing! Any one have any suggestions for me.