trichomoniasis... with a new partner
I have been dating a ne guy for 3 months now, and we start been sexual active, two weeks after the first time we have sex I start having a vaginal discharge and itchy, i make an apoinment with my doctor, and he said i have trichomoniasis, he give me one single dosis of 2000 mg of metronidazole for me and him, i was clear for about 5 days now, is been one week and it looks like the discharge start again, he toke the medicine and I did, we do not have sex all this time I'm getting worried
Follow up with the Dr, this maybe a yeast infection or something else.
from the beginin I though about yeast infection becuase it was not foul odor, but he said was trich, I'm about to start me period in about 1 or 2 days. I should wait until my period is gone to get a follo up apoinment?
if you tested + for trich, no reason to doubt it.

when you treat for trich, the medication you use can cause yeast infections vaginally but it also can cause the dead bacteria to work its way out of your body. at this point avoid sex and if discharge is still there by monday, be seen and seek out further testing for vaginal infections. if this is just dead bacteria working its way out, it'll be gone by then.

did you and your partner also seek out full std testing that also included herpes igg blood testing?  

have either of you had your gardasil shots?

grace
no, Im going to ask my doctor for a full test for std, I only have sex with my boyfriend and before start dating him I was 2 years without having sex with no one...
What worried me is the discharge feel like burnig, I dont think is death bacteria, I never had a vaginal infection before, but this dont look normal to me.
we are not having sex after i was diagnosted with trich, we both have finished the treatment, is trich a recurrent infection?
usually it goes away easily with treatment. be seen again for more testing.
I have to wait until wednesday, Doctor was not working since wednesday and I have to wait until my period is gone now, but i'm going to get more test then, I was just trying to figure out before I can see the docotr again =(