STDs Community
ulcer on penis

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

ulcer on penis

I have got a lot of painful ulcers on the penis. I have been to a std blood test, currently waiting for its results. Before this,  I have the same problem few days ago but the ulcer heal itself. Have sexual acticities with my gf(which is the same gf for 2 years) few weeks ago. Am very worried as i saw there are new white spots growing on my penis. Could i know is it possiblly a std? if its not am i infected with something else
Ulcers on the penis are usually caused by herpes, and that they are recurring is suggestive of herpes.

It could also be a fungal infection, a bacterial infection like staph, etc.

Instead of just doing blood tests, someone needs to culture these to see what is causing this.

Aj
'Instead of just doing blood tests, someone needs to culture these to see what is causing this.'
could u further explain to me what u mean in detail?
the situation is gettin worst..there are more n more ulcers. could anyone advice me on what should i do. i'm really really worried and panic
A culture is when the doctor takes a sterile q-tip and swabs the area, then sends it to the lab to see what grows.

If its getting worse, you need to go back and see the doctor.

Aj
erm after takin the medicine and wash my penis regularly, the ulcer seems to be recovering slowly. the while dots in the middle of the ulcer seems to be going away buy there tends to be a cut sigh after the white dot gone away. is there anything i can do while waitin for the doctor. btw, the medicine the doctor gave me was some antibiotic and   a medicine named potcit mixture
I think you need to go and see your doctor to show him how bad it is before it all heals up.

AJ
hmm auntiejessi did you mean tat although i have let the doc see and have a blood test(which the doctor ask me to consult him again on saturday/sunday), while it is healin now, i better go let the doc see again?
Oh sorry - no.

You had said it was getting worse, and since you didn't get a culture done, you should let the doctor see them before they get better to try and get a culture done.

Aj