Aa
A
A
Close
unspecific inguinal pain
I am a 36 y/o male with very discreet, mild, warmth/burning of the skin bilaterally in the inguinal/suprapubic region.  The symptoms have waxed and waned for the past 4-5 weeks.  Symptoms initially began after an incident at a bar (I am a heterosexual married male, I believe I was drugged by an unknown male.  I woke up in a bathroom stall with this male performing oral sex on me, I got him off me and left).  Within 12 hours I took Azithromycin 1 gram, Cifixime 400mg, and within 24hours 2.4m units of pen G.  The burning sensation came on about 4 days later and was fairly intense for 3-4 days and then slowly subsided.  Associated symptoms included left-sided low back pain and tingling/burning sensation in my upper inner thighs that began after the burning skin sensation.  I tested negative for RPR, HSV 1/2, GC/Chlamydia (by urinalysis) and a culture was negative as well.  My PSA was normal at .62.  I have not tested for HIV, but I know the incubation period makes it prohibitive to test this early and their are no documented cases of transmission from receptive oral sex.  I have no dysuria, urethral drainage/irritation, testicular/scrotal pain or any other symptom that would suggest an STD.  The only thing I have noticed is that 1-2 hours after I ejaculate the sensation intensifies slightly than goes back to its normal 1-2/10 pain level.  I have tried cipro 500mg bid x 10, doxycycline 100mg bid x 10 simultaneously which seemed to help, but then the sensation came back.  NSAIDSs also relieve the symptoms.  Is this a possible inflammation from all the antibiotics I've taken or a virus? Any other tests I could have to figure this out? Stop the antibiotics and wait and see? Take Motrin for the rest of my life?  Please help.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
101028 tn?1419606604
not sure who threw all those antibiotics at you needlessly but they probably just did you more harm that good by doing so :(

This really sounds like jock itch more than anything.  Not unusual at all after so many antibiotics.

grace
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank