STDs Community
unspecific inguinal pain
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

unspecific inguinal pain

I am a 36 y/o male with very discreet, mild, warmth/burning of the skin bilaterally in the inguinal/suprapubic region.  The symptoms have waxed and waned for the past 4-5 weeks.  Symptoms initially began after an incident at a bar (I am a heterosexual married male, I believe I was drugged by an unknown male.  I woke up in a bathroom stall with this male performing oral sex on me, I got him off me and left).  Within 12 hours I took Azithromycin 1 gram, Cifixime 400mg, and within 24hours 2.4m units of pen G.  The burning sensation came on about 4 days later and was fairly intense for 3-4 days and then slowly subsided.  Associated symptoms included left-sided low back pain and tingling/burning sensation in my upper inner thighs that began after the burning skin sensation.  I tested negative for RPR, HSV 1/2, GC/Chlamydia (by urinalysis) and a culture was negative as well.  My PSA was normal at .62.  I have not tested for HIV, but I know the incubation period makes it prohibitive to test this early and their are no documented cases of transmission from receptive oral sex.  I have no dysuria, urethral drainage/irritation, testicular/scrotal pain or any other symptom that would suggest an STD.  The only thing I have noticed is that 1-2 hours after I ejaculate the sensation intensifies slightly than goes back to its normal 1-2/10 pain level.  I have tried cipro 500mg bid x 10, doxycycline 100mg bid x 10 simultaneously which seemed to help, but then the sensation came back.  NSAIDSs also relieve the symptoms.  Is this a possible inflammation from all the antibiotics I've taken or a virus? Any other tests I could have to figure this out? Stop the antibiotics and wait and see? Take Motrin for the rest of my life?  Please help.
101028_tn?1348750963
not sure who threw all those antibiotics at you needlessly but they probably just did you more harm that good by doing so :(

This really sounds like jock itch more than anything.  Not unusual at all after so many antibiotics.

grace
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank