Aa
A
A
Close
ureaplasma
Hello- I am confused as to the efficiency of antibiotics treatments for a Ureaplasma infection I have. I was detected 3 months ago with Ureaplasma 100,000+ and given a single dose of Zithromax followed by 6 days of Flagyl. This did not work and the infection was still at 100,000+ when I did the follow up test. My gyneco then put me on Pyostacine (Im in Europe...) for 10 days. 4 weeks after this treatment I did a follow up test and the infection had diminished a little but was now at 100,000 exactly. The gyneco is now suggesting I take Vibramycine (one per day for 12 days) but I have lost confidance and I get really bad side effects from taking antibiotics (oral thrush, giddiness, weakness, nausea, abundant periods).
My question is: should I take this treatment or not???
Second question: I have been experiencing lower back pain that comes and goes since been treated for this infection- it feels almost arthritic. Is this a common sympton of Ureaplasma infection?
P.S Ive tested negative for Chlamydia, Syphillis etc.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
207091 tn?1337713093
Hi there -

I'm going to give you the same advice that I gave the other poster in the thread you read - you should post this to our experts.  It will cost you $15, but they might really be able to help.

This is a tricky one to treat, and my advice would have been to try what you've already tried.

Maybe others can help here as well.  You can also do a search here - we've had some posts about this in the past.

Aj
Comment
Cancel
207091 tn?1337713093
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank