STDs Community
ureaplasma

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

ureaplasma

Hello- I am confused as to the efficiency of antibiotics treatments for a Ureaplasma infection I have. I was detected 3 months ago with Ureaplasma 100,000+ and given a single dose of Zithromax followed by 6 days of Flagyl. This did not work and the infection was still at 100,000+ when I did the follow up test. My gyneco then put me on Pyostacine (Im in Europe...) for 10 days. 4 weeks after this treatment I did a follow up test and the infection had diminished a little but was now at 100,000 exactly. The gyneco is now suggesting I take Vibramycine (one per day for 12 days) but I have lost confidance and I get really bad side effects from taking antibiotics (oral thrush, giddiness, weakness, nausea, abundant periods).
My question is: should I take this treatment or not???
Second question: I have been experiencing lower back pain that comes and goes since been treated for this infection- it feels almost arthritic. Is this a common sympton of Ureaplasma infection?
P.S Ive tested negative for Chlamydia, Syphillis (syphilis) etc.
Hi there -

I'm going to give you the same advice that I gave the other poster in the thread you read - you should post this to our experts.  It will cost you $15, but they might really be able to help.

This is a tricky one to treat, and my advice would have been to try what you've already tried.

Maybe others can help here as well.  You can also do a search here - we've had some posts about this in the past.

Aj