STDs Community
vdrl result

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

vdrl result

i was checked for my vdrl for emplyment and the result was my vdrl was reactive...a specialist sought for my thpa and it was non reactive....since i got a reactive vdrl i was treated for three weeks....
my questio is will the next test for my vdrl be non reactive already or it will take some time for the result to change from reative to non reactive......also why is my vdrl and thpa have different result....?
From what I know the vdrl will always show some even when you have successfully been treated. But I don't know why the thpa would show non-reactive. I am going to get someone else to take a look at this question for some additional help.
The TPHA is a more sensitive test, so this could be a false positive on the VDRL.  Some specialists would say that you didn't have syphilis, but that would depend on what the actual result was on the VDRL.  It would be in number form, like 1:4, 1:64. 1:164, etc., and the second number could be anything.  Do you know your actual result?

Aj
thanks for your reply.....i dont know the actual result of my vdrl...since it only states that it is reacttive... can you please share to me how i could explain it to my would be employer? i am applying for a job in oman and they require this vdrl test...this is the only cause that my medical is put on hold for me to have a fit to work status....if i could not have a non reactive report my application would be in jeopardy since i understand that results for vdrl will take a long time from a reactive to a non reactive result even if i have been treated already.....i would like to explain it to my would be employer to consider my vdrl result....
hi vance...thanks for the comments...i would wait for that help...i appreciate it....it would mean a lot for my emplyment for abroad....
You would need to let us know your actual number result for more help.
I've a similar case. TPHA and VDRL both positive/reactive. TPHA rating is 1:80. Don't know my VDRL rating yet. Even if VDRL is border line, how long does it take for both readings to reverse post treatment?
It can take years.
Some pple wt same prob.
ya my result is 1:4 then ? my vdrl is positive or nagitive plz rply
Have an STDs question?
100,000+ doctor answers