STDs Expert Forum
vinegar remove bump/skin tag/wart?
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

vinegar remove bump/skin tag/wart?

Hi,

About 7 months ago I found a small bump on the shaft (top, very close to the base) of my penis.  It was a dark mole colored bump that was kinda finger like, about 1-2mm in diameter and maybe 3-4 mm long.  It was flexable and easy to move around.

After reading online, I found that vinegar could be used to determine if a bump is a wart (by it changing color to white).  So, like a stupid guy, I applied vinegar via a cotton ball to that bump and let it sit there for maybe 3 minutes.  

Once I removed the cotton ball the 'finger like' dark (mole colored) bump looked like it had shrunk/dried up.  Within 24 hours and no further vinegar, the thing had totally dried up and fell off.  About a week later I went to the doctor and she viewed the area and said nothing looked abnormal and that drying off behavior didn't sound like a wart, and not to worry about it.

Background:  at the time I was jogging about 6 miles 3-4 times a week in boxers.  I found another larger skin tag a few days after this 'finger like' bump (the new one was skin colored) in my groin region on the scrotum where it rubbs the leg (had the doctor check it out).  After poking/cutting that accidently with tweezers it dried up and never came back.

It's been 7 months and nothing has returned.

Does this drying up with vinegar behavior give any ideas as to what it was.  I think it was a skin tag, but on the shaft?  Bottom line - do I have anything to worry about?

Thanks - this is a great service you provide.
Tags: Warts, mole, worry