STDs Community
warts on pubic area

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

warts on pubic area

I went to the Dr a few weeks ago about bumps in my pubic area,  they look just like the warts I saw online form various HPV sites.  The Dr took one look and said "yep, they're warts".  Now I was reading in the HPV DR questions and came across a Dr stating that warts are not in the pubic area but on the penis itself?  Is this true?  So what do I have?  There's a patch of about 6-10 "warts".  I first thought they came form shaving but they didn;t go away.  I've had them about 3 months now.  Getting worried.  
Tags: Warts
If it is warts dont worry about it. Just get them burnt off and you will be sweet.

Plenty of worse STD's out there. Also dont engage in unsafe sex while you have them and for atleast a year after they are gone as you dont want to pass it on.

Many many people have been exposed or will be exposed to HPV (the wart virus) in their lives. Its so common its normal. Most people dont know cause it does not always show up as warts.
Warts usually aren't in the pubic region, but they definitely can be there sometimes.  If you need to be 100% sure then you can ask for a biopsy, but a qualified dermatologist should be able to tell you just from a visual exam.
thanks folks.  I was pretty worried for a while and found tons of info online but could not find consistent info.  This site has been the most helpful.  I'll certainly get it checked out but I'm not as worried about it now.  Thanks.  
yesterday i went to doctor and apply cream on the warts and i asked doctor the black spots (stick out a bit but look like mole)...the doctor didnt come up but nurse and she was not sure at first but later she told me they are warts even they are black and at pubic area..confused me~it's been one night and they have no reaction(usually the warts turn white as the cream /oilment apply on )