what is true
Why do they say that some people think they have a bug bit if they have a herpes out break? Doesn’t herpes have a distinct outbreak? Don’t they hurt?

Also I was curious..

lets say some one is infected with HIV and they get herpes shortly after getting HIV, I know some one can get herpes from another person, but can HIV cause herpes with out contracting it from the other person who transmitted the HIV? or can you only get Herpes from another person who is infected with it.

Weird but I read that HIV can cause herpes, and i was wondering if that is true... if so when would that take place; early in infection or later down the road.

It is best to post this question over on the herpes community.
People mistake herpes and a bug bite for the first outbreak which can be just one bump. If people are not thinking they were at risk for herpes then that is why.
Oh sorry I didn't realize there was a herpes forum I thought it was under STD/...

thank you for the response
Yeah they have a specific community for herpes and the people over there have a lot more knowledge on herpes. So they can answer your question better.
Thanks again