STDs Expert Forum
white bumps around anus

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

white bumps around anus
I found little white pimple sized bumps outside of my anus on both walls.  Four to five on each side.  I've never had any kind of anal sex.  Could you tell me what this might be?
Not enough information.  Are they painful?  Any open sores as well?  Are they changing or staying more or less the same since you discovered them?

Assuming they are firm, painless bumps (if they are painful you probably would have said so), anal warts sounds like a good bet.  You don't say whether you are a man or a women, but anal warts are pretty common in both women and in straight men.  It doesn't take anal sex per se.  In women, the anus is close enough to the vagina for local inoculation.  In hetersexual men (or in gay men who have not had anal sex), anal HPV may be acquired by scratching the genital area then the anal area; or perhaps by scratching after manual contact with a partner's genital HPV infection.

But all this is speculation until you see a health care provider and get a diagnosis.  I don't know what you've got--can only guess.

Good luck--  HHH, MD
A related discussion, bump near rectum was started.
Hi I noticed the other day, I have 4 white bumps on the left side of my bum beside my anus, they look like zits. It is not painful but sting alittle if I thighten my bum cheeks or wipe over it. I have been treated for a yeast infection for the past 6 days and only got these bumps 3 days into teartment. Can you help tell me what may have. I am 12 weeks along right now and haven't had anal sex since finding out. I am unuse if this is something to worry about or if it will go away by it's self.
A related discussion, white lump on anus was started.
I have 7-9 little white bumps on each side of my anus but they have started to spread to my vagina what could this be they are not painful but can get abit itchy time to time I'm to scared to go to a doctor as I'm only 19 and I don't no what I would do if it was bad news so any help would be great thanks  
A related discussion, same was started.