STDs Expert Forum
wolf finally comes, Doc, please help!

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

wolf finally comes, Doc, please help!

Dear Doc H, you are so kind to help the people in desperate need. Reading the post in this site become the major part of my life in the past month. Please help me. I'm really scared now.

My story:
I'm a 35 years old man. Since I had memory, my genital area has never been touched by anyone except my wife and my doctors. But last Dec.(25th), I did something very stupid. I went to a massage place during my vacation in China. I even forgot to examine the massage girl's hand before I let her massage my penis. After I ejaculated, I immediately went to restroom to urinate. After I got back to the massage room, I looked at the massage girl's palm. Her palm was full of dark spots. I asked her what that was. She said it was from massaging too many penis. So they must be lesions. The light was dim, I didnot see clearly if the lesion had been healed or not at that time.I was scared to death since then. I stop the massage and took a long time shower. After I went back to hotel,I drank many cups of water trying to wash my penis from inside. I had some antibiotics two days later for possible infection. I had HIV antibody test 17 days later when I came back to the US. It was negative, but it doesnot mean much since it was too early.  

My symptoms:
(1) I got night sweats in the first week of exposure. It started the night of exposure or one day after. The day the night sweat went away coincided with the day I had some Gingseng and I read some FAQ about HIV transmission and anxiety was reduce a little bit.
(2) I got one ulcer in my mouth 3 weeks after exposure, it went away in 3 days.
(3) I felt some mild sore in my waist (beltline) area 3 weeks after exposure, it went away in 5 days.
(4) I had some running nose every morning since 3 weeks after exposure, it takes one tissue paper to clear out. Then nothing else in a whole day. But this symptom has lasted for 3 weeks now.
(5) I thought I might be lucky because the symptoms were not severe, but the wolf finally comes! Recently the running nose gets worse and I began to feel some headache. It gets more flu-like. I suspect the antibiotics I had two days after exposure may have suppressed other flu-like symptom such as fever. Now I am really worried about HIV.  

Please help to answer my questions:
(1) The scenario I worried most is this: If the massage girl is HIV positive and the lesions in her palm were fresh, there must be some small quantity of blood together with inflamation (inflammation) fluid coming out from the broken skin then mixed with the massage oil and flow down into my penis (since the penis was pointed upwards during massage). What is the chance I get infected with HIV through this route? (I NEVER had any STD before.)
(2) Is this more risky than unprotected virginal sex considering her palm may have blood and blood has higher concentration of virus than virginal secretion?
(3) Is the HIV virus in China easier to transmit? (I heard of this somewhere.)
No courage for a blood test now!!!
Neither HIV nor any other STD is ever transmitted by hand to genital contact--no way, never, nichevo, nada, forget it.  Therefore, your symptoms CANNOT be due to HIV or any other STD that you acquired during that exposure.  (And they don't suggest HIV or any STD anyway.) If you symptoms persist, see a health care provider.  Otherwise, I cannot help.  (To put it another way, if you happen to turn up postive for HIV someday, it will have nothing whatsoever to do with your massage in China.)

Please do not post follow-up "yes, but" or "what if" questions.  They will not change my opinion or response.

Good luck-- HHH, MD
Sorry, Dr. H, I was running out of space in my previous post. I have two more things:
(1) I just want to let you know that I don't notice anything abnormal in my genital area (inside and outside).
(2) I like you to give me a realistic assessment of my HIV risk (from your previous response, somehow I feel your risk assessment is leaning towards optimistic side.)

Worriedman
You don't get HIV from getting handjobs. Neither would she for giving them.
Anxiety and depression, can definetely make you feel the way you are. Those two are really good at making some symptoms for you, but if you want to have a peace of mind, go and have a test done, it will help.
Thank you for all your responses. I feel much better now. I will wait for 3 months mark for an antibody test.