STDs Expert Forum
worried about a kiss

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

worried about a kiss

wondering if you can get a std from french kissing a girl? can you get like gonorrea or chlamydia if she has it in her throat? it seem like the last 3 or 4 times i kissed her over the last 4 months my throat starts to hurt 2 to 3 days after we french kiss. the last kiss was saturday night and sunday i took a rocephin shot for my prostate problem. will that cure any thing if i did get something?
Welcome to the forum.  Thanks for your question.

Kissing carries almost no risk for STDs.  Here is a recent thread that explains the reasons:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/STDs/Short-lip-tot-lip-kiss--risk-of-syphilis/show/1861534

Ceftriaxone (Rocephin) is not commonly prescribed for prostate problems.  However, it is the first line drug against gonorrhea.  Are you sure your doctor wasn't concerned about gonorrhea?  Anyway, that treatment would have prevented or cured oral gonorrhea or syphilis.

Regards--  HHH, MD
dr hook
I and Dr. Hook take questions at random, without regard to requests for either of us.  We have worked together closely for 30 years and our opinions and advice are always more or less identical.
if she would have gonorrea in her throat  or any std could i get from french kissing. i looked on the forum and it said you cant. i kissed about 4 days ago and now a have a sore throat. should i go get tested

THANKS
Gonorrhea is not transmitted by kissing, even if one partner has it.  Did you think I cahnged my mind since my comment in the other thread?

Kissing is the very best way to catch a cold or other respiratory infection, and that's by far the most common cuase of sore throat 4 dyas after kissing.  

That will end this thread.  Do your best to stop worrying about this.
if she has gonorrea or chlamydia in her throat could i get it? you say i cant get gonorrea from kissing but worried if she has it in her throat or chlamydia if i could get it then? yes or no.  thanks for helping me this will be the last question.