STDs Expert Forum
yeast infection men
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

yeast infection men

How does a man get a yeast infection on his penis if his spouse does not
have a yeast infection ? My man has never had a yeast infection before ,
then suddenly got one on his penis , I did not have a yeast infection , neither did I get one .
Related Discussions
239123_tn?1267651214
Yes, men sometimes get yeast infections of the penis from their partners who are carrying yeasts.  Usually the woman has a symptomatic yeast infection, but sometimes not; many women carry yeast in the vagina without symptoms.

So the only issue is to be sure that what your partner has indeed is a yeast infection; other things (such as herpes) can cause similar symptoms.  So if you're sure your partner has yeast, you don't need to do anything unless his infection returns after treatment, or if you have symptoms yourself.  The main symptoms of vaginal yeast infection is iitching, sometimes with a slight discharge.

Good luck-- HHH, MD
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank