STDs Community
yeast infection or urinary tract infection
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

yeast infection or urinary tract infection

My girl friend gets yeast and urinary tract infection quite often. we both checked for stds and we have none.
she follows all the dr recommendations but she still gets it. we always have protected sex but is there a way to prevent these?
do males get these infections?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
mbn1454 - I am a 25 yo female, I too get recurring UTI's and yeast infections.  Whether or not you use protection - your gf should always pee after sex, immediately.  In my experience there is no way to figure out exactly how UTI's are caused (yeast infections are caused when there is an imbalance of yeast and good bacteria in the vagina).  My mother gets recurring UTI's as well - it may be genetic.  Your gf should NOT ******, that disrupts the balance of yeast and bacteria and can cause infections, try using hypo-allergenic soap as well as laundry detergent.  Also, make sure she wears panties with a cotton crotch in them.  Above all, see a doctor.  And yes, it is possible for a male to get these infections.  Believe me, if you had them, you would know.  Oh, one last thing - I've noticed a connection between certain things I consume and yeast infections.  I'm not sure if it's a coincidence or not...  Hope this helps!
Blank
207091_tn?1337713093
Ugh I hate the filter here - the ****** is douching (apparently, the noun is a bad word, but the verb is fine lol).  

Aj
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank