STDs Expert Forum
you think it is over worry

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

you think it is over worry

i need your very experience opinion on the below matter , please inform if there is any risk

Do you think I should get tested for hep a, b or c :

My exposures :

1. hand job without  condom , prostitute has a very small cut on her hand which might have touched my urethra , I am not sure whether that cut was fresh or not but it was there and it was very small.( as you alway ssay there  is atheoretical risk if th e cut is fresh , keeping in mind her cut it was not such a cut that was oozing blood it was avey small cut i have seen that cut on her hand after one day only , and that time it seems it has completely healed out and there was skin over it . may that was many days old but iam not sure may b e fresh

2. sucked nipples very hard , a s sort of bite did not tasted blood but who knows I am not  sure as I was drunk

u think testing I s warranted for both the episodes , both happen with different prostitutes (asian)

please see if  I have risk when do you think I should get tested and which test , please help .
Welcome to the Forum.  As  you point out, there is an important difference between a theoretical risk and an actual risk.  The concerns you express are theoretical and have no basis in scientific data.  Hepatitis A is only spread by fecal-oral contact so, unless you had oral contact with her rectum or somehow ingested her stool, that is not a concern for you.  As for hepatitis B and C, these are both blood borne infections which are not described to have been spread by kissing, masturbation or sucking on a partner's nipples.  That she may have had a cut on her hand while masturbating you does not change that.  I urge yo not to worry, these were no risk exposures.  You do not need testing.  EWH
dear doc,

due to extreme anxiety i forget to tell you that i kissedher open mouthed kissing there were two small cuts on my lip . idont know it was fresh or not but itwas red , is this also no risk for hep b and c
Still no risk.  You do not need to worry.  EWH