SURVIVING NEUROLOGICAL LIMBO LAND - NO DX User Group
Can grey hair turn back to black?
About This Group:

This is a group for anyone who is currently living in limbo land with a neurological disorder but doesn't have a diagnosis. Many people are living with chronic and disabling neurological problems which mirror such diseases as multiple sclerosis, lupus, M.E., Fibromyalgia, Lymes disease, Vitimin D deficiency, Migraines, Parkinsons yet have no diagnosis and are left to literally struggle on alone. I have set up this group to help support people through their journey, whether its just for a moan, sharing a joke, experiences, advise on how to survive just plain anything. I know there are a lot of us out there. Anyone who feels lost, or needs to share or just wants a big hug please join, there will always be someone to give you support. OUR MOTTO IS: "we are still all in this together..no matter what point of our journey we are in...limbo, dx. or just joining...we are all here for a reason...to seek support, make a friend and find answers..."

Founded by MrsAristotle on October 2, 2009
520 members

Can grey hair turn back to black?

Hi well i ask this because i noticed yesterday what i thought was a black smudge on my forehead sort of into the hair line. I rubbed it no it wasnt, but i noticed rather excitedly NEW BLACK HAIR growing I kid you not. Then I really looked and there were BLACK HAIRS in my hair growing in between the grey.

OMG am i in the twighlight zone lol. I havent used hair dye since 2007.

I have heard of black hair growing grey but not the other way round. Mine went grey when i was 27.

Ooooo errr perhaps i found the fountain of youth....shame because I cant remember where lol.

Any thoughts? My husband confirmed it, he can see it really well.
wow it sounds like The curious case of Benjamin Button...

it appears to be impossible for such thing to happen, I couldn't find anything on Google about it. You could write to your local University see what they think!
I "Believe in the Impossible".
Last year I met Dr. Wayne Dyer in Toronto and he had just
overcome his leukaemia, by "remote surgery", having a volunteer
surrogate go in his place to see John of God in Brazil.
A friend of mine was a distributor of  HGH supplements a few years ago
and his hair up to this date-seen him before the holidays- were still jet black!
He claimed it was the HGH. (Sales pitch? Who knows?)
I have friends from India who use a mix of coconut oil, fenugreek powder and amla powder, to treat their scalp for hair loss and to enhance hair color.
It has worked for me. It's not 100% but it sure makes a difference.
Cheers.
Niko
I didn't understand a word... :P
Good Morning! Buongiorno!

I "Believe in the Impossible". Io "Credo nell'impossibile"
L'anno scorso ho incontrato il Dr. Wayne Dyer a Toronto e aveva appena
superare la sua leucemia, da "chirurgia a distanza", con un volontario
va surrogato al suo posto per vedere Giovanni di Dio in Brasile.
Un mio amico è stato un distributore di supplementi di HGH a pochi anni fa
ei suoi capelli fino a questa data-visto-prima delle vacanze erano ancora nero corvino!
Diceva che era la HGH. (Passo di vendite? Chi lo sa?)
Ho amici indiani che utilizzano un mix di olio di cocco, polvere di fieno greco e polvere di amla, per il trattamento del cuoio capelluto per la loro perdita di capelli e per migliorare il colore dei capelli.
Ha funzionato per me. Non è 100%, ma si assicura una differenza.
Ciao!
Niko
Ciao Gio, its funny because my mother is Italian from Naples, and i have inherited her hair, thick and curly lol.

My daughter and her partner came yesterday and they noticed my hair too so its really started to be noticeable now. How weird. I will try and do a photograph lol.

The only thing i have changed in my diet is i am now drinking ALMOND milk which is high in magnesium. I did find a link with magnesium and promotion of hair pigmentation.

So many things are weird in my body right now one more thing lol. I mean i didnt know you could get shingles on both sides of the body at the same time but i seem to have done that lol.

Its good to see you on our forum. Hugs Mariaxxx

Proof is in the pudding as they say. This is just one side the other side is even blacker.

And NO I am not using hair dye lol

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t140/MrsAristotle/blackhair-1.png
Hmmm.  I had read specifically that shingles only affects one side. Perhaps what you are experiencing isn't shingles?

Love the new black hair growth!  Perhaps it is the magnesium.  (Lyme is famous for causing low magnesium.  I found that mag supplements reduced my breathing difficulties and muscle twitching.  It seems Lyme has infected my 10th cranial nerve, causing shortness of breath and a variety of digestion issues.)
I have started with shortness of breath wondered what it was oh well next week hopefully i might get some answers.

Know i dont think i had shingles either. I am not sure what is going on. I have written to the Dr I am seeing next week and explained about the rashes i have been having and sent her a photo so she has this information from the start of my visit. I dont want to waste anytime explaining it is very costly going there lol. My hair is continuing with the black growth but my hair is thinning too. xxx
Hi Maria.
Do the iodine self test. Paint a 2" circle with Tincture of Iodine and if it fades away before 3 hours you may have an iodine deficiency.  
Signs you may be deficient:
Low drive or energy
Exhaustion despite plenty of sleep
Exhaustion and inability to sleep
Feeling cold, even on a hot day
Moodiness
Muscle cramping
Brain dysfunction
Auto-immune disease
Hormone imbalance
Hair Loss and Thinning hair.

Just a thought.
Hugs!
Niko
Hi Niko i will see if i can get the iodine in our pharmacy.

Its funny as since taking the Almond milk my legs dont ache so much either and i know almond is high in magnesium, and lymes depletes magensium i wonder if it is connected. Oh well we shall see, but that DARN RASH is itching and driving me nuts lol. x
Hey Maria,
You're up early!
Relief for itching: Baking powder in your bath or make a paste and apply.
  Calamine lotion application or aloe vera leaf gel also would help.

Certainly that's the magnesium connection, and it does not have to be Lymes. Most people are deficient, regardless.
You should really try transdermal magnesium Oil treatments.
Just look it up. Your body will Love it!
If I had a dollar for each thank you I received for this recommendation,
I would be flying first class to Greece next week! (I can afford this, but I can't justify it!).
Hugs!
Niko
aspentoo EMG/NCS - check. Normal. ... Comment
Aug 19
Lulu54 commented on I'm pregnant!
Aug 16
wonko commented on I'm pregnant!
Aug 15