Eye doc just told me my right eye pain is probably MS related
I've had pain in my right eye for a couple of weeks and tried to ignore it.  I finally went to the eye doctor today.  I told him about the brain lesions and how they were testing me for MS and the LP came back normal.  I said I wasn't diagnosed.  

He did the optomap and looked in my eyes with the lights.  He said he can't help but think that this is MS.  He's going to send a letter to my Neurologist.  He can't find anything else that this could be.  He was really nice.  

I have a follow up in less than 2 months with my Neurologist because of the migraine medicine she put me on.  The eye doctor feels that I should be seen sooner for this.  ugh
HI sandy in 2004 i had terrible eye pain it would just stab me in the eyeball with no notice, and sometimes blur and burn. I had it off and on for about 6 months, i hated it.

In 2007 when i had my VEP tests they found i had Optical Neuritis at some point and my neuro thinks it was then in 2004. The precursor for it was when i went blind in 2000 twice.

Its worth mentioning it to the neuro, i think you should have a VEP test. Maria
My eye pain issues started in November 2011, and thankfully it is mostly better because it really did feel like getting stabbed in the eye with an ice pick!
The blurriness and slow focusing had improved by about 99% but I still have issues with color saturation and stabbing pain, especially when I get tired.

Sorry to hear you are dealing with this, too.

Valerie
My eye pain hasn't been stabbing. It's been around a 5 on a scale from 1 to 10, and sometimes a little higher.
those of you who recently experienced eye pain, vision loss, especially if combined with migraine and other unexplained neurological symptoms, try to take a simple test, the Romberg's test. look it up on Youtube to learn how to do it, it takes 1 minute only. let me know if you're positive to it!

Sandy,
I'm sorry you're still experiencing eye pain but if the eye doc suspects MS then I think as I suggested a couple of weeks ago that you might want to ask for a MS specialist to see you. Hey,at least for a piece of mind or to explore if there is more instead of  just waiting.:)

Still just looking out for you!:)

Keep us posted!

Hugs and blessings,
Tammy:)
I just did the rombergs test and swayed some. I didn't fall down.
I noticed that recently there have been many people who are showing suddenly signs of autoimmune disease, peripheral neuropathy, weakness, etc. some of them have lost a bit of vision or visual field, peripheral vision for example. looking up on the internet I found the Miller-Fisher syndrome to be compatible with some of the symptoms, maybe not the same syndrome but a similar manifestation. M-F patients are all positive to the Romberg's test. although positivity to the Romberg is also common in MS.

was eye sight tested and visual field?
My right eye feels better now.

Gio, the eye doc did do some tests and said my vision was a little off of what it was last month but, nothing major.
Right, very interesting... thanks!

I also have been having some auto-immune reaction. weak legs, tremors, numbness in face, left arm paralysis, weak heart etc. it all started with some freak infection in November.

when I looked up the symptoms MS was the first thing that came up but I wasn't happy with having an incurable disease diagnosed to me, moreover I was convinced that my problem was "acquired" somehow and eventually I learned more and I found out there are auto-immune syndromes that are triggered by bacterial or viral infections, including H5N1 and H1N1.

H1N1 vaccinations for example triggered many auto-immune reactions and narcolepsy in children.

often these syndromes are mistaken for ALS or MS.

at some point I also had a bit of loss of vision, so I tested myself for Romberg's and I had very slight wobble, a few days after when I regained my "old" vision (I'm astigmatic) I tried again and I had no wobble.

I learned this from the Miller-Fisher syndrome article on Wiki. they also say M-F patients can be tested for GQ1b antibodies that appear on their optical nerves. the only effective treatment seems to be Plasmapheresis, they wash up the blood basically, a bit of a medieval remedy but it seems to "put out" the immune reaction.

did they find anything on your Lumbar puncture? do you remember having gastroenteritis and headache before the symptoms appeared? possibly a bit of allergy-like symptoms in the nose or even a bit of bronchitis-like symptoms.

check this case for example of a patient with a auto-immune reaction following some diarrhea, negative MRI and Lumbar Puncture, normal blood count.

http://www.edoctoronline.com/articles-for-physicians.asp?miller-fisher-syndrome-a-case-report=0&c=2&articleid=8090

You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
sllowe Have a safe and blessed Mem... Comment
aspen2 commented on aspen2's status
May 23
aspen2 commented on Plegridy: 3.5 Hours t...
May 22