SURVIVING NEUROLOGICAL LIMBO LAND - NO DX User Group
Sleep Study? For fatigue
About This Group:

This is a group for anyone who is currently living in limbo land with a neurological disorder but doesn't have a diagnosis. Many people are living with chronic and disabling neurological problems which mirror such diseases as multiple sclerosis, lupus, M.E., Fibromyalgia, Lymes disease, Vitimin D deficiency, Migraines, Parkinsons yet have no diagnosis and are left to literally struggle on alone. I have set up this group to help support people through their journey, whether its just for a moan, sharing a joke, experiences, advise on how to survive just plain anything. I know there are a lot of us out there. Anyone who feels lost, or needs to share or just wants a big hug please join, there will always be someone to give you support. OUR MOTTO IS: "we are still all in this together..no matter what point of our journey we are in...limbo, dx. or just joining...we are all here for a reason...to seek support, make a friend and find answers..."

Founded by MrsAristotle on October 2, 2009
521 members

Sleep Study? For fatigue

Hi all,

I went to my doc yesterday. He wants to send me for a sleep study as we were discussing my fatigue issues. Is this a common step? Anyone else ever go through this for fatigue with MS

He said this will determine if I have sleep apnea or if he can discuss medication for fatigue

JibJen
I think sleep studies are commonly ordered for people with chronic fatigue, especially if the cause is unknown.  I have read of a number of MS patients who had them as well as many Lyme patients. My neuro suggested a sleep study for me at one point.

My brother in law was having trouble staying awake during the day and was sleepy and yawning most of the time. A sleep study showed he had bad sleep apnea and a c-pap machine resolved his sleepiness.  But the fatigue I had with Lyme was different. It was a crummy feeling of little energy and less motivation, like I was coming down with the flu, but then never did. Small doses of Ambien helped me sleep more, which reduced my severe fatigue, but not much.

A sleep study could be really helpful if it shows something treatable. I didn't have one, but my neuro prescribed provigil for me anyway. It helped cut the fatigue and improve my mental clarity a bit. I am still taking a small dose a year later.
Jibs,
I've never had a sleep study but please be assured that I and many others will be lifting you in prayer and I do hope that it will also help further help with  answers and help w/ MS sx's.
Let us know what you find out!
Hugs and blessings,
Tammy:)
aspentoo commented on Limbo update December...
Dec 23
immisceo commented on Limbo update December...
Dec 23
Fourth appointment with neuro resul...
Dec 22 by aspentoo