Sleep Study? For fatigue
Hi all,

I went to my doc yesterday. He wants to send me for a sleep study as we were discussing my fatigue issues. Is this a common step? Anyone else ever go through this for fatigue with MS

He said this will determine if I have sleep apnea or if he can discuss medication for fatigue

JibJen
I think sleep studies are commonly ordered for people with chronic fatigue, especially if the cause is unknown.  I have read of a number of MS patients who had them as well as many Lyme patients. My neuro suggested a sleep study for me at one point.

My brother in law was having trouble staying awake during the day and was sleepy and yawning most of the time. A sleep study showed he had bad sleep apnea and a c-pap machine resolved his sleepiness.  But the fatigue I had with Lyme was different. It was a crummy feeling of little energy and less motivation, like I was coming down with the flu, but then never did. Small doses of Ambien helped me sleep more, which reduced my severe fatigue, but not much.

A sleep study could be really helpful if it shows something treatable. I didn't have one, but my neuro prescribed provigil for me anyway. It helped cut the fatigue and improve my mental clarity a bit. I am still taking a small dose a year later.
Jibs,
I've never had a sleep study but please be assured that I and many others will be lifting you in prayer and I do hope that it will also help further help with  answers and help w/ MS sx's.
Let us know what you find out!
Hugs and blessings,
Tammy:)
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
aspen2 commented on cjtmn's status
Aug 23
UnsureMS Prays you know God Has You,... Comment
Aug 03
aspen2 commented on cjtmn's status
Jul 16