Syrinx
I have been in search of a answer for many of months. I started having soreness pain in both wrists, that continued to get worse with use, I was already on prescription pain meds for another issue, they did not help at all. I bought wrist straps, braces, used Ibupro 800mg 3* a day, iced, etc. Two wks later I woke to not being able to move either arm for a whole minute, they felt so heavy, then both forearms from wrists to elbows felt numb, hardly any sensation that it was being squeezed. Had a MRI of both wrists, said Ganglion Cysts. Right wrist 1cm*4mm fluid equivalent signal along volar aspect of distal radius. Left wrist mild fluid in the prestyloid recess, then 1.5cm*1cm area of fluid along the dorsolateral aspect of scaphoid consistent with ganglion or synovial cyst. I had a nerve conduction & EMG, supposedly both were normal. I went and seen a Orthopedic Hand & Wrist Surgeon, He says that because the cysts are not on the outside of skin they are not what is causing all my pain. He sent me for 4 weeks Therapy for Right wrist ECU & ECRB tendonitis, Left wrist FCR tendonitis. Once I started using 3 lb weights to do exercises actually 2 reps 10 each arm, around both elbows inflamed inside with knots. Continueing therapy 3wks without lifting any weights, but pulling on a stretch band, now my neck and shoulders are inflamed with knots. My wrists, forearms, elbows are all still the same. He ordered Bone Scan- Normal, Xrays of C spine- Normal and a MRI of Cervical Spine shows A large Hemangioma in the T3 Vertebral body.    
Impression 1. 10 * 3.3mm Syrinx in the Central spinal cord at the C7 level.
                 2. Patent central canal and bilateral neural foramina in the cervical spine.
Now I am being sent to see a Neurosurgeon for cervical radiculopathy. I have read Ganglion cysts can be painful whether they r on the inside or out, but am also concerned about the Syrinx, and could it be causing complications thru out both limbs? Does any have any idea? Sorry so long.  Have a good day to all.
I am so sorry to read about your symptoms. It sounds painful and confusing. I really don't know much about Syrinxes, but I did find an  interesting conversation between a patient and a doctor on a message board.  I don't know if it is similar enough to your symptoms, but perhaps it will be helpful.

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/5bwp4-infectious-disease-s-cause-syrinx-spine.html
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
aspen2 Copaxone 40 now available i... Comment
Nov 23
oddeyedcat joined this group
Welcome them!
Oct 16
aspen2 commented on cjtmn's status
Aug 23