SURVIVING NEUROLOGICAL LIMBO LAND - NO DX User Group
Syrinx
About This Group:

This is a group for anyone who is currently living in limbo land with a neurological disorder but doesn't have a diagnosis. Many people are living with chronic and disabling neurological problems which mirror such diseases as multiple sclerosis, lupus, M.E., Fibromyalgia, Lymes disease, Vitimin D deficiency, Migraines, Parkinsons yet have no diagnosis and are left to literally struggle on alone. I have set up this group to help support people through their journey, whether its just for a moan, sharing a joke, experiences, advise on how to survive just plain anything. I know there are a lot of us out there. Anyone who feels lost, or needs to share or just wants a big hug please join, there will always be someone to give you support. OUR MOTTO IS: "we are still all in this together..no matter what point of our journey we are in...limbo, dx. or just joining...we are all here for a reason...to seek support, make a friend and find answers..."

Founded by MrsAristotle on October 2, 2009
521 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Syrinx

I have been in search of a answer for many of months. I started having soreness pain in both wrists, that continued to get worse with use, I was already on prescription pain meds for another issue, they did not help at all. I bought wrist straps, braces, used Ibupro 800mg 3* a day, iced, etc. Two wks later I woke to not being able to move either arm for a whole minute, they felt so heavy, then both forearms from wrists to elbows felt numb, hardly any sensation that it was being squeezed. Had a MRI of both wrists, said Ganglion Cysts. Right wrist 1cm*4mm fluid equivalent signal along volar aspect of distal radius. Left wrist mild fluid in the prestyloid recess, then 1.5cm*1cm area of fluid along the dorsolateral aspect of scaphoid consistent with ganglion or synovial cyst. I had a nerve conduction & EMG, supposedly both were normal. I went and seen a Orthopedic Hand & Wrist Surgeon, He says that because the cysts are not on the outside of skin they are not what is causing all my pain. He sent me for 4 weeks Therapy for Right wrist ECU & ECRB tendonitis, Left wrist FCR tendonitis. Once I started using 3 lb weights to do exercises actually 2 reps 10 each arm, around both elbows inflamed inside with knots. Continueing therapy 3wks without lifting any weights, but pulling on a stretch band, now my neck and shoulders are inflamed with knots. My wrists, forearms, elbows are all still the same. He ordered Bone Scan- Normal, Xrays of C spine- Normal and a MRI of Cervical Spine shows A large Hemangioma in the T3 Vertebral body.    
Impression 1. 10 * 3.3mm Syrinx in the Central spinal cord at the C7 level.
                 2. Patent central canal and bilateral neural foramina in the cervical spine.
Now I am being sent to see a Neurosurgeon for cervical radiculopathy. I have read Ganglion cysts can be painful whether they r on the inside or out, but am also concerned about the Syrinx, and could it be causing complications thru out both limbs? Does any have any idea? Sorry so long.  Have a good day to all.
1 Comment
Blank
I am so sorry to read about your symptoms. It sounds painful and confusing. I really don't know much about Syrinxes, but I did find an  interesting conversation between a patient and a doctor on a message board.  I don't know if it is similar enough to your symptoms, but perhaps it will be helpful.

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/5bwp4-infectious-disease-s-cause-syrinx-spine.html
Blank
Recent Activity
428506_tn?1296560999
Blank
wonko commented on Lynniepooh's status
11 hrs ago
5112396_tn?1378021583
Blank
immisceo commented on photo
Apr 14
1530171_tn?1362547225
Blank