Syrinx
I have been in search of a answer for many of months. I started having soreness pain in both wrists, that continued to get worse with use, I was already on prescription pain meds for another issue, they did not help at all. I bought wrist straps, braces, used Ibupro 800mg 3* a day, iced, etc. Two wks later I woke to not being able to move either arm for a whole minute, they felt so heavy, then both forearms from wrists to elbows felt numb, hardly any sensation that it was being squeezed. Had a MRI of both wrists, said Ganglion Cysts. Right wrist 1cm*4mm fluid equivalent signal along volar aspect of distal radius. Left wrist mild fluid in the prestyloid recess, then 1.5cm*1cm area of fluid along the dorsolateral aspect of scaphoid consistent with ganglion or synovial cyst. I had a nerve conduction & EMG, supposedly both were normal. I went and seen a Orthopedic Hand & Wrist Surgeon, He says that because the cysts are not on the outside of skin they are not what is causing all my pain. He sent me for 4 weeks Therapy for Right wrist ECU & ECRB tendonitis, Left wrist FCR tendonitis. Once I started using 3 lb weights to do exercises actually 2 reps 10 each arm, around both elbows inflamed inside with knots. Continueing therapy 3wks without lifting any weights, but pulling on a stretch band, now my neck and shoulders are inflamed with knots. My wrists, forearms, elbows are all still the same. He ordered Bone Scan- Normal, Xrays of C spine- Normal and a MRI of Cervical Spine shows A large Hemangioma in the T3 Vertebral body.    
Impression 1. 10 * 3.3mm Syrinx in the Central spinal cord at the C7 level.
                 2. Patent central canal and bilateral neural foramina in the cervical spine.
Now I am being sent to see a Neurosurgeon for cervical radiculopathy. I have read Ganglion cysts can be painful whether they r on the inside or out, but am also concerned about the Syrinx, and could it be causing complications thru out both limbs? Does any have any idea? Sorry so long.  Have a good day to all.
I am so sorry to read about your symptoms. It sounds painful and confusing. I really don't know much about Syrinxes, but I did find an  interesting conversation between a patient and a doctor on a message board.  I don't know if it is similar enough to your symptoms, but perhaps it will be helpful.

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/5bwp4-infectious-disease-s-cause-syrinx-spine.html
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
aspen2 commented on cjtmn's status
Jun 14
sllowe Have a safe and blessed Mem... Comment
May 27
aspen2 commented on aspen2's status
May 23