Trigeminal Neuralgia
Do you suffer with Trigeminal neurlgia?

I got my first Trigeminal neuralgia attack last year.  It lasted 3 weeks and it was 24/7.  I was out of my mind.  I went to two dentists.  The first one prepped a tooth for a crown....and the pain continued.  I went back because I thought they did something wrong...they readjusted the temporary crown.  I went to a 2nd dentist who couldn't find anything wrong and he put a different temporary crown on the tooth.  Both ended up referring me to an oral surgeon.  He said my teeth were fine...I needed to see a Neuralogist.  This is when my nightmare began.

1
1. Trigeminal neuralgia with a MS diagnosis

0
2. Trigemial neuralgia with another neurology issue

0
3. Trigeminal neuralgia with any other diagnosis

0
4. Trigemial neuralgia alone with no other symptoms
I got diagnosed with TN in January.  It's the worst of my many neurological symptoms.  Do you have secondary TN (caused by MS or some other neurological disorder) or TN as its own thing?  By itself, it's way more than anyone should have to deal with.  I hope it's not causing you problems at the moment.

Laura
I had atypical TN for over 10 months. It was chronic and not stabbing. I would have rated the pain about 7. NOT fun. That is one pain I'd treat with steroids.  I wouldn't want to do it again.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
aspen2 Copaxone 40 now available i... Comment
Nov 23
oddeyedcat joined this group
Welcome them!
Oct 16
aspen2 commented on cjtmn's status
Aug 23