SURVIVING NEUROLOGICAL LIMBO LAND - NO DX User Group
Trigeminal Neuralgia
About This Group:

This is a group for anyone who is currently living in limbo land with a neurological disorder but doesn't have a diagnosis. Many people are living with chronic and disabling neurological problems which mirror such diseases as multiple sclerosis, lupus, M.E., Fibromyalgia, Lymes disease, Vitimin D deficiency, Migraines, Parkinsons yet have no diagnosis and are left to literally struggle on alone. I have set up this group to help support people through their journey, whether its just for a moan, sharing a joke, experiences, advise on how to survive just plain anything. I know there are a lot of us out there. Anyone who feels lost, or needs to share or just wants a big hug please join, there will always be someone to give you support. OUR MOTTO IS: "we are still all in this together..no matter what point of our journey we are in...limbo, dx. or just joining...we are all here for a reason...to seek support, make a friend and find answers..."

Founded by MrsAristotle on October 2, 2009
521 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Trigeminal Neuralgia

Do you suffer with Trigeminal neurlgia?

I got my first Trigeminal neuralgia attack last year.  It lasted 3 weeks and it was 24/7.  I was out of my mind.  I went to two dentists.  The first one prepped a tooth for a crown....and the pain continued.  I went back because I thought they did something wrong...they readjusted the temporary crown.  I went to a 2nd dentist who couldn't find anything wrong and he put a different temporary crown on the tooth.  Both ended up referring me to an oral surgeon.  He said my teeth were fine...I needed to see a Neuralogist.  This is when my nightmare began.
100%
 (1) 
Trigeminal neuralgia with a MS diagnosis
0%
 (0) 
Trigemial neuralgia with another neurology issue
0%
 (0) 
Trigeminal neuralgia with any other diagnosis
0%
 (0) 
Trigemial neuralgia alone with no other symptoms
1 Member voted
2 Comments
Blank
2034625_tn?1392646892
I got diagnosed with TN in January.  It's the worst of my many neurological symptoms.  Do you have secondary TN (caused by MS or some other neurological disorder) or TN as its own thing?  By itself, it's way more than anyone should have to deal with.  I hope it's not causing you problems at the moment.

Laura
Blank
1475492_tn?1332887767
I had atypical TN for over 10 months. It was chronic and not stabbing. I would have rated the pain about 7. NOT fun. That is one pain I'd treat with steroids.  I wouldn't want to do it again.
Blank
Recent Activity
Blank
Cache916 commented on Faith through the sto...
Oct 24
Blank
UnsureMS Still waiting on unemployme... Comment
Oct 24
Blank
Faith through the storms
Oct 24 by UnsureMS
MedHelp Health Answers