Salud Mental Community
Hard time coping

Hace click aqui para ayuda, en espanol, sobre como se hace preguntas y como registrarse.

Este foro es un lugar para hacer preguntas y encontrar apoyo sobre cuestiones sobre temas como: enojamiento, zozobra enfermedades de atención (ADD), depresión bi-polar, dementidad, terápia electroconvulsive (ECT), disabilidades de aprender, memoria, enfermedad obsessive compulisva (OCD), pánico, enfermedades de personalidad, fobias, schizofrenia, estres, transiciones, problemas en la oficina/sitio de trabajo.

Hard time coping

I·m a retired 71 year old male (north american) married to a Argentine for 40 years. Met and married in the U.S.A. Lived for 65 years in the US,  retired then moved to Argentina. Life was great while married in the US,then relocating to Arg. I visited Arg. for all my vacations till retireing and it was wonderful, but on vacation you do not get into the way the people think and work. Now that i·m here i am in a VERY closed society, the people talk quite freely about every day commen things ex. weather, music,cines.etc. when i get down to the nitty gritty about any subject i do not get an answer, just some excuse, ask again then another excuse. I live in the Arg. part of Buenos Aires. My american friends live in the areas of ex-pats and when thet talk with Arg. people they have the same problem that i have. The Argentines will not let me into their domain (including my wife). My wife says i do not know what i·m talking about, that i should try harder to learn the mentality of this nation.
         Please tell me what to do, or read in english so i can conform to this society. I·m going crazy here to the point of leaving my wife and going back to good old U.S.A. alone. my wife will not return to the US as her entire family lives here
                                                  Thank You, I Remain:
                                                   Donald Morrison