Sarcoidosis Support User Group
Are these the symptoms of Sarcoidosis?
About This Group:

Welcome to the sarcoidosis support group, a place where sarcoid sufferers can go to discuss symptoms, diagnosis and treatment in any stage of the disease.

Founded by mygoode on October 4, 2010
31 members

Are these the symptoms of Sarcoidosis?

Muscle pain all over, joint pain in knees, ankles, wrist and thumb. muscle spasms in legs, arms, back, ribs and feet. Double vision, urinary leakage at times.

I am currently on Methyl/prednisone for muscle pain.

My dad has Sarcoidosis.

1 Comment
Sarcoidosis is an inflammatory disease that creates cyst-like collections of cells called granulomas.  Joint pain isn't as prevalent a symptom as it is in other auto-immune diseases and what you're describing doesn't sound like typical sarcoid.  Mainly, with sarcoidosis, you experience strange swelling organs.  For instance, my symptoms (and they vary widely with the person depending on the type of sarcoidosis you have) were swelling of the eye, lymph nodes, salivary gland and a fever that lasted for 3.5 weeks with no explanation whatsoever.  Secondary symptoms were loss of appetite, change in taste perception (though I've heard that's rare), night sweats and severe fatigue.  Symptoms change also based on the type of sarcoidosis you have.  Mainly, it affects the lungs, heart, brain or skin.  If the aches and pains are your only symptoms, I would say it's probably not sarcoid.

I'm also taking prednisone currently (as treatment for the sarcoid) and I'm guessing that's where your muscle spasms are coming from.  I'm constantly getting cramps in various muscles and this didn't start until after I began treatment.  Mainly they happen in my legs and feet at night and in my back and sides during the day.  

Joint pain can be a cursor to an auto-immune disease but not generally sarcoidosis.  If you're concerned, I would discuss the issue with your doctor.  There are blood tests they can run to check for auto-immune diseases.  Good luck.
karajo commented on photo
May 12
cmcm_nurse commented on photo
May 09
adventurer53 joined this group
Welcome them!
Mar 03