Sarcoidosis Support User Group
Sarcoidosis?
About This Group:

Welcome to the sarcoidosis support group, a place where sarcoid sufferers can go to discuss symptoms, diagnosis and treatment in any stage of the disease.

Founded by mygoode on October 4, 2010
31 members

Sarcoidosis?

I'm going to try and keep this short; sorry if I ramble. I have so many questions because I've had 2 doctors suggest I may have either sarcoidosis or amyloidosis due to some rare heart rhythm issues (malignant ventricular tachycardia).  I started reading and I have alot of symptoms, but I know those symptoms can be from a multitude of other things also, I have so much wrong with me it's overwhelming sometimes.

I went through all of my doctor's notes and info and made a list of symptoms and dates etc to take to my dr and I'm wondering if I have Sarcoidosis.  If so, how do I get a diagnosis? I know it's rare, so getting a dx may be difficult and I can't have an MRI due to my ICD.

11/8/1997 Group B streptococcus, which caused blood sepsis
1998 - Hypothyroidism - treated with Synthroid;
12/9/2004 Enlarged Liver, which was diffusely echogenic [normal blood test & cholesterol];
11/28/2005 – Baseball sized lump under left arm [sonogram was normal] the lump comes and goes; shortness of breath; chest pain
3/15/2005 all of my female organs were enlarged and they did surgery to find a cause [endometriosis was found]
3/13/2006 shortness of breath upon exertion
3/31/2009 patchy hair loss - 4 quarter size spots found by the lady who cuts my hair
7/26/2009 Cardiomegaly of the heart and Vascular crowding on Xrays and CT;
7/26/2009 Right Hemidiaphragm slightly elevated, different parts of my heart inside are enlarged such as left ventricle, left atrium, septal wall.
8/28/2009 Cardiomyopathy - heart muscle damage

I've been told I may have both Diastolic & Systolic heart failure after testing I had done in 2009 and I had to have a Cardiac Ablation, Tilt table test, Cardiac MRI & Catherization, then had a pacemaker/defibrillator implanted.

Does anyone have Cardiac sarcoidosis. Did you have both diastolic & systolic failure?

I've been reading through posts and some of the symptoms such as headaches, pressure in the eyes - like my eyeballs are going to pop out and my vision changed about 3 months ago making most thing blurry, coughing but not sick, more like I have a lump in my throat which comes and goes and my voice will be horse sometimes for no reason, night sweats, severe fatigue (I wish I had appetite loss!); swelling in my legs and I started getting these little reddish purple spots on the front of my calves that go away after awhile but then turn a brownish black when they do.

MPatterson thank you for the links you put on another post - I found a picture in the wikipedia page [systemic sarcoidosis] that looks exactly like what my skin goes through...I just thought it was adult acne; even though I never had a problem as a teen or before 1997.

I really don't want to have this and I feel terrible for those of you who do - what I've read you're going through is horrible and I hope you all find treatment and relief of your symptoms.
1 Comment
as a followup, I talked to the dr in the expert forum again - I think he missed the part about me having a Cardiac MRI - which would have almost definitely confirmed a dx; testing was inconclusive but nothing was found...so 99% chance that I don't have sarcoidosis or amyloidosis but I'm still going to mention this to my dr.
adventurer53 joined this group
Welcome them!
Mar 03
karajo commented on calamfred's status
Jan 25
Mewzycman commented on Low blood sugar
Jan 14