Sarcoidosis Support User Group
curious about sarcoidosis
About This Group:

Welcome to the sarcoidosis support group, a place where sarcoid sufferers can go to discuss symptoms, diagnosis and treatment in any stage of the disease.

Founded by mygoode on October 4, 2010
31 members

curious about sarcoidosis

My sister has sarcoidosis, and I was wandering what are the chances I would have it too. My sister and I share alot of the same symptoms. I have been voicing my concern about all these issues and the only thing I get from my doctor,is oh its nothing your fine. The problem is I do not feel fine,for atleast a year now. I have constant headaches,chest pain,fatigue,pains in my back(upper part),pain on and off generally everywhere on my body,nausea and dizziness.My lymph nodes swell up now and then in my neck and armpits,also I have constant sinus problems,coughing alot and I am now having an issue with my eye. I am researching every course I can to find an answer for all these problems,Just looking for some suggestions about all this. (I have re-posted this here hoping someone would answer,thank you)
Those certainly sound like sarc symptoms but they could also be symptoms of other things, which is why this disease is so hard to diagnose.  I would suggest convincing your doctor to do a lymph node biopsy when they swell.  That will rule out or diagnose sarc, whatever the case may be.

Also, be VERY careful about your eyes.  When uveitus occurs, a pinching of the optic nerve can cause blindness and very quickly.  If you start seeing inflamatory cells in your vision, which look like hundreds of clear circles (they're actually white blood cells), go to the ophthalmologist as soon as you can get in.  Mention uveitus if they try to give you an appointment for a month from then.  I nearly went blind in one eye about two weeks after I first started seeing the spots.
I forgot to mention also that sarc can, but has not been proven to, run in families.  Good luck!
karajo commented on photo
May 12
cmcm_nurse commented on photo
May 09
adventurer53 joined this group
Welcome them!
Mar 03