Schizophrenia Community
Am I Schizophrenic?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to schizophrenia and other schizoaffective disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Am I Schizophrenic?

Hello, I am a 20 year old female. I have been diagnosed with bipolar 3 years ago. I am in Nursing so I know the basics about Mental illnesses. I take Seroquel so my moods are stable. 4 years ago I had my first hallucination. It started with my eyes being closed, then I saw a shadow of a man eat a spider, then I saw a man dancing in my room but he was getting taller/shorter and the clothes were changing. I had no other episodes until 2 years ago. I saw a little girl standing in my room. For the next two weeks I hallucinated every night, sometimes I would see a boy, my pillow was a human face, or I would see a flash or something move in the corner of my eye. I would hear noise in my kitchen, but I would tell myself that no one was there, but then I would change my mind that there was someone, and I would go back and forth. I talked to my doctor, and this is when I started on Abilify. The night terrors went away.. until about a year ago when I saw a little boy in my backyard during the day. In this last year I have hallucinated a few times. I have experienced shiny dots and lines dancing in my entire vision. I am paranoid that there are people or spirits behind curtains or chairs. Other then my hallucinations, I do not have many other Schizophrenic symptoms. I have an extreme fear of the dark, and I always hallucinate in the dark. Recently, I have thought that when people touch their face, they are trying to signal something to me. Why do I hallucinate? Do I have schizophrenia or psychosis or even something else?
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
You may have bipolar with physcotic features. I do not believe you have schizophrenia because people with schizophrenia normally have hallucinations at all times, also another side effect of people with schizophrenia is feeling something that is not actually there, like bugs crawling on their skin or their body being on fire. You may have schizophrenia but honestly i do not think so. You should talk to your pdoc about a psychological evaluation to see if you have bipolar with physcosis.
Blank
675718_tn?1321008971
that's true jessica i hallucinate from waking up from bed til' sleepytime i hear voices as do many SZ' but visiuals too :)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Schizophrenia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...